New build, second attempt

sol1109

A couple of months ago I posted some components I was considering for a new build. After some worthwhile feedback I decided to go back to the drawing board and do some more research. Below is my latest plan which I would be happy to receive any comments on.

Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 PRO (v3.1)
Processor: i7 2600K
Memory: Crucial Ballistix BL2KIT51264BA160A
Video: EVGA 01G-P3-1563-AR
PS: Seasonic S12+ 650W

Merry Christmas

Might have also been easier if you had just called the video a "560 Ti" - but yes, what slh said. Also, what exactly will you be using this machine for? I assume gaming and maybe a bit of encoding based on your current specs.

Already have a case and going to reuse hard drives in my current system which will become a hand me down to my kids. Primary use is general computing, Video/photo editing, limited gaming, some software compiling. Eventually this PC will be a hand me down so I like to over spec slightly to keep it relavent in 3-5 years.

Well it looks like a great build - I would happily use a machine with those specs to do the things you mentioned.

Good, Newegg has some deals on several of the components this weekend so I am pulling the trigger.

Back