New desktop for gaming

dannydy

currently i'm planning to get a new set if desktop for gaming. Here's the spec i came out as below:

Core i5 2500K
Asus P8p67- LE
Kingston PC1333 D3 4G (4X4G to 16G)
ASUS ENGTX450 1GB D5 Direct CU TOP
1TB W.D. GREEN 64M 7200 RPM
750W GX ( A/80+ )
Cooler Master USP100
ASUS SATA -DVD-RW

I'm very particular on graphic card, anyone please advice if i've missed out anything.

Thanks.

Other than that video card it looks good. If you're really going to be gaming on this machine I'd get something a little beefier on the video card side. You'll be seriously bottlenecked there if not unless you're playing at a really tiny resolution.

Yap i agree with that, i spend a bit on the video card change it to ASUS ENGTX460 (got budget:eek:) as your advice.

For the PC RAM (16G) would it be necessary? i was thinking i just using for gaming, other than that it wouldn't use up so much of memory, therefore i planned to take 8G instead.

Could anyone please advice if there any diff between 8G and 16G just for gaming and normal entertainment?

None. I thought it was overkill even just putting 8GB in my machine. No difference whatsoever 8GB-16GB, better spending money for 8GB of that ram on the video card, or an SSD boot/games drive.

I agree with the comment above. stick to 8gb's and put the rest into something you'll actually use.

Due to work busy, i hadnt time to get my PC.
On Saturday, i went into a computer shop and asking for pricing.
They Said ASUS ENGTX450 1GB D5 Direct CU TOP was not in production anymore, and i dont need that much for the power supply.

Core i5 2500K
Asus P8p67- LE
Kingston PC1333 D3 4GB (2X4GB to 8GB)
ASUS GTX560 Ti DirectCu II TOP 1GB
WD 1TB 64MB (EARX) GREEN/SATA3
Enermax 600W ENP600AWT
Cooler Master USP100
ASUS SATA -DVD-RW

So what didnt i miss?

Looks good to me - that 560Ti is a much better card than that 450 you were trying to get. 8 GB of RAM will be plenty as well. There will probably be lots of debate over the PSU though - especially if you plan to expand in the future and what brands you choose.

Back