Are these parts sufficient for a decent gaming computer?

PurpaFur

So I'm building a coomputer for my first time and have already selected parts that I think would be good. Not sure though as this is all new to me, but basically I just want a good computer capable of running a flight simulator in high quality graphics. So I just want to make sure that everything is compatable with each other, and if you have a part that would be better than what I have listed, please recommend. The list of parts I have come up with are as follows:

Case: Xigmatek Soundwave ATX Mid Tower

Power Supply: Cool Power Performance CP P600 204 pin ATX Power Supply w SATA PCIe & Dual 12V Rails

Mobo: MSI ATX DDR3 2133 Motherboard 970 Gaming

CPU: AMD FX 4350 Unlocked Quad Core Processor 4.2 4

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8gb (2 x 4gb) DDR3 1600 MHz PC3 12800 240-Pin DDR3 Dual Channel Memory Kit

Optical Drive: Asus 24x DVD-RW Serial-ATA Internal OEM

Audio Drive: Asus Xonar DG Headphone Amp & PCI 5.1 Audio Card

Video Card: MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G

Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 500gb SATA III 7200 RPM 16mb Cache Bulk/OEM

Then I will be installing Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks Guys!

Shoot I can't edit my responce... Ill just make a new one. Disregard the above response.

My first plan was to simply find parts that seemed to be pretty much good, although I really didn't know what all I was doing; all I knew were the general types of parts a computer needs. So when I was done finding parts on Amazon (which I have already found is not as good as Newegg.com) it came out too around $775. My intent was to hit aabout 500 or so, but I think I got a little carried away. So maybe some assistance with what specific parts to use would be helpfull, instead of just if they will work or not.

Forget that power supply. For comparison sake look at this (and by no means your only option): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139051

Your RAM, motherboard, and Asus DVD drive are good.

The MSI video card is also good but I prefer a 256 bit card over a 128-bit but that is just my preference.

If you are going Western Digital I strongly suggest their Black Caviar models over their Blue for better quality all around; however, some people have great luck with their Blue series. You may want to consider going with an 128 gig SSD for your operating system and a hard drive for your games. many people do this.

You really don't need a sound card unless you are deep into music quality. The onboard sound is quite fine for most people and you will save yourself $.

By the way,what are the required specs to run your flight simulator?

One other thing, go to Newegg and create for yourself a Wish list. Then you can work on your list for budget.

What difference would a 256-bit Vid card have from a 128? Also, the hard drive idea is good, I'll give that a go. Sound card is out. The specifications for my sim is this: (Btw, I am getting flight sim X as well as expansion pack.

Minimum system requirements
Flight Simulator X

Component Minimum system requirement
Operating system Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Computer processor 1.0 gigahertz (GHz)
Memory 256 megabytes (MB) of RAM for Windows XP SP2
512 MB RAM for Windows 7 and Windows Vista
Hard disk space 14 gigabytes (GB) available hard disk space
Video card 32 MB DirectX 9-compatible video card
DVD drive 32x speed
Sound Sound card, speakers, or headset
Pointing device Keyboard and mouse or compatible game controller (Xbox 360 Controller for Windows)
Internet connection for online play Network adapter for LAN multiplayer gameplay
Broadband Internet access for Windows Live multiplayer gameplay
Flight Simulator X Acceleration Expansion Pack

Component Minimum system requirement
Operating system Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2)
Computer processor 2.0 gigahertz (GHz) or more
Memory 1 gigabyte (GB) or more of RAM
Hard disk space 4 gigabytes (GB) available hard disk space
Video card DirectX 9 (or later version)-compatible video card
128 MB or more video RAM, Shader Model 1.1 or later version
DVD drive 32x speed
Sound Sound card, speakers, or headset
Pointing device Keyboard and mouse or compatible game controller (such as Xbox 360 Controller for Windows)
Internet connection for online play Network adapter for LAN multiplayer gameplay
Broadband Internet access for Windows Live multiplayer gameplay

Alright thanks, btw everything will work together right? Like nothing is incompatable or anything right?

Yes your parts are fine. Just take my advice and get a different power supply such as Corsair. There are others that are good too.

Came across this at Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.2207339

The thing is that with their combos you can't switch out parts. That cpu is very powerful and more than you need. Keep in mind AMD cpu's run hot so you'll need really good case air flow. Also, many buy and install an aftermarket cooler to replace the heatsink and fan that comes with the cpu.

I have selected a Corsair CX750 ATX 80+. Will that be sufficient? Also do you suggest a different CPU? I am going to be using internet and three simple programs at the same time as FSX, and maybe more later on.

Good choice of a power supply. Your cpu is quite fine so you are good there also.

Consider the fact that the fan that comes with your cpu is loud so seriously consider replacing it with the following. You do not need the newer version and please note how many reviews it gets :) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...03065&cm_re=cpu_cooler-_-35-103-065-_-Product

You'll also want to get some Artic Silver 5 for your cpu and the Hyper 212 . Remove the thermal pad/paste that comes with them and use the 5. You can take it off with 90% Isoproppl alcohol and a boat load of Q-tips.

* You can go to YouTube to see how to use/install these items.

Alright, I might get that later on, but I'll start with the stock one for budget's sake. Eventually I plan to upgrade bits and pieces here and there that could use more cooling, but since I don't intend to overclock (mainly cause I have no clue what that iss or how to do it), I'll wait off on the fan for now. One last question: when I buy the mentioned PSU, do I need to get cables to connect it to the components? Or does it come with cables?

Back