New HDD - solid state or 'fast' one?

detrunks

Please can someone advise whether it is value for money to get a SSD compared to getting a VELOCIRAPTOR.
This disk will be used for the O/S and installing games.
All points of few welcome and I am particularly interested in how noticeable any performance difference would be. Budget is sub-£100.

If you recommend a SSD, please can you recommend which one.

My set-up is M4A785td-v evo, O/S is W7 - not sure what else is relevant?

thanks for any help

get a hybrid hardrive if you want somthing that beats a velociraptor and is slightly slower than an ssd http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6280178&CatId=5300 and its pretty cheep, i use one im my current gaming rig for the windows 7 partition and it boots up fast =0! but if it were me i would w8 untill prices come down or suck it up and get one, in my opinion i would only use an ssd for faster game loading times, but if its a multiplayer game you will most likly have to w8 till everyone else is finished loading anyways.

Please can someone advise whether it is value for money to get a SSD compared to getting a VELOCIRAPTOR.
This disk will be used for the O/S and installing games.
All points of few welcome and I am particularly interested in how noticeable any performance difference would be. Budget is sub-£100.

If you recommend a SSD, please can you recommend which one.

My set-up is M4A785td-v evo, O/S is W7 - not sure what else is relevant?

thanks for any help

Back