New PC BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

bj00uk

Hi, everyone.

I really needed a new PC and could not not really be too bothered to build myself one so I bidded one on ebay a

AMD AM3 X2 64 240 2.8ghz
2gb RAM and
8200GT chipset integrated graphics card mobo

for £170 brand new

After I won the auction I looked at reviews of the company via google and found out the are untrustable and have scammed many people, yet their ebay acc has 33,000+ feedback 98% positive. I also read comments about there parts being cheap.

I received my computer and was surprised it was all there working, I installed windows XP while I am waiting for my Win 7 to arrive. I installed my Netgear W111GT USB Wireless card and some applications.

Now at random intervals the computer crashed with a BSOD and I don't know why, I am trying to read the minidumps via windows debugging tools but it does not load can anyone please help me?

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Hi, Route44.

Many thanks for your reply, please find attached the .zip file with 5 minidumps.

Regards.

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    129.3 KB · Views: 3
All five minidump files report 0xD1 errors and these are usually caused by faulty drivers.

All five point to the same driver as the cause of your issues: wg11tnd5.sys, which is a Netgear Wireless driver.

Update your wireless drivers.

* Also, I strongly suggest you consider updating your system to Service Pack 3 for security.

Hi, Good to know there is nothing wrong with the actual PC.

I have the latest drivers for the Netgear Wireless.

I will update to Service Pack 3 now.

Hi. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest drivers and also Service Pack 3. I still encounter this problem?

Do you have any other suggestions? Please

Many Thanks
Billz

I already had the updated drivers it seems.

I re-downloaded it and installed it again from Netgear site. (Netgears site says 2.1 but after installs it shows version below )

From Netgear It shows as 1.5.0.2102 on the actual wireless utility app.

Please find attached the minidumps

Attachments

• Mini030510-01.dmp
    88 KB · Views: 1
Same 0xD1 error and same Netgear wireless driver shown as the problem.

For clarification, is this a dedicated card or onboard wireless?

Yes the one I had previously was the latest one because this is a new PC and I always download newest drivers when I set up new computers.

I only installed Windows XP because I am waiting for the delivery of my newly purchased Windows 7 Professional.

It is an Netgear W111GT USB WiFi Wireless.
Actually not sure if this USB Wireless will work on Windows 7 as it is a couple of years old

You could go to Netgear's website and search to see in they do have updated drivers for Windows 7 and your particular card.

I have been on there site and there is nothing for Windows 7, seems like I will either have to buy another WiFi stick or get a PCI one soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back