New PC or upgrade my laptop?

Model: Presario CQ61 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD Sempron M120 2.1 ghz
GPU: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200
RAM: 2GB

This PC runs with nearly all things I want it to. I just like to play some games from time to time, being FPS to RPG. Most times I can just turn down the graphics and play a game fairly well, but other times I can't. I was just wondering if my laptop was upgradable in any way to help with some of those higher demanding games. From what little I have researched, I am most likely going to have to get a desktop PC. I plan on getting one in the future, but am trying to just modify this one for the time being.

Anything else you might need, just ask. Thanks.

I'm afraid you're stuck with what you have; you can try installing the latest Mobility Catalyst package if you don't have it already. It can increase performance quite a bit if your currently installed drivers are very old, which they most often are. There is a small chance that things might not work out very smoothly though, but I doubt you should have any problems.

If you're not able to download the display drivers from the AMD site (you might get an error telling you that you need to use drivers from your notebook manufacturer or something when you try to install the drivers), you'll need to mess around a little in Chrome; use the instructions here and just use the "10-9_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc.exe" filename instead of the "10-6_mobility_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc.exe" filename, and you should be able to download the drivers without problems.

Back