New Reformat wont recognize modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Phate

Hi So here is the problem I recently had to reinstall a friends computer because he had some crazy fatal error that would never even let him load up windows.
Installation went smoothly but it wont connect to the internet i figured it doesnt have the ethernet/modem adapters so i tried to find them but i cant. Is there a program or something that can help/ btw as far as i can tell looks like the ethernet isnt part or the pci modem card.

Umm that's right. They are two different devices.

You need to find (Google?; Install CD?) the drivers for your friend's modem

There are a lot of software out there that can identify what you have. One of the ones i use to use was Everest. Once you idenfity the device, just google it and download the appropriate driver for it. And walla! It should work.

Oh, make sure you tell them to update their support page to include the driver for the modem

Unless there was some other fix (non driver) they provided

Actually what info, fix, did they provide?

em they sent me the email with a copy of our chat just for the wrong conversation :/. basically they linked me to a non hp website actual direct links for the certain driver(s)

on a side note off shoring is teh sucks I could tell it was most likely a foreigner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back