New to gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to this whole thing in general so after trying to search the web for a few days I just decided to post a question on a forum. Basically, I am giving my mom my old computer which was an HP. It had the AMD 5600 dual core processor, 3 gb of ram and a visiontek 1550x 512mb pcie card that I put into it.

I wanted a more serious gaming computer even though I don't game all that much and bought this to replace it. Link removed because of my first post. It is the ibuypower 528. I got it on sale for $559 also.

So, how much performance am I going to gain here? I know the graphics card is a step up but as far as the processor goes, I went from a pretty good dual core to the worst quad core correct? Will there be a big difference?

I also bought an extra 4 gb of ram to throw in the new one for the hell of it.

Pretty much the only game I play is BF2 right now so how will it do with that? My old system ran it on med settings pretty good. I hope I can go all the way up in terms of settings for that game.

Any other ideas out there as well. I will have more questions as people comment, I am sure.

ibuypower 528 specs for those who don't want to look it up.

General Spec
Brand iBUYPOWER
Model Gamer Power 528
Recommended Usage Gaming
Processor AMD Athlon II X4 620(2.6GHz)
Processor Main Features 64 bit Quad-Core Processor
Cache Per Processor 2MB L2 Cache
Memory 4GB DDR2 800
Hard Drive 500GB SATA II
Optical Drive 1 24X DL DVD+/-RW Drive
Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB
Audio Sound card - Integrated