New to graphics cards...couple quick questions

Hi first off ill let u know what im dealing with for specs...

Windows 7 ultimate - emachines el1333g amd processor 1800mhz
integrated nvidia geforce 6150

just added - radeon x1300/x1500 256mb

I installed the radeon and hooked up dual monitors via splitter

Now my questions are about using the integrated graphics as well.

Can I enable the integrated nvidia to use a 3rd monitor? I believe I can thru bios, but am nervous about bios.
Would enabling it help system performance even if not using a 3rd monitor?
Would enabling it help system performance if I used 1 monitor per video card instead of both thru the new radeon?

Thank you in advance
Dazz

Can I enable the integrated nvidia to use a 3rd monitor? I believe I can thru bios, but am nervous about bios.
I'm going to say no.

The reason I say that is unless you can connect the onboard graphics in SLI/Crossfire, the moment you insert the dedicated card, the onboard graphics will be disabled. Since you have nVidia onboard and inserted an AMD card, I know SLI/Crossfire is out of the question. But who knows, I could be wrong because I definitely don't know it all.

I will say making BIOS changes is not damaging. If you make a change that keeps the machine from posting, you can always pull the coin sized battery to default all the settings.

I'm going to say no.

The reason I say that is unless you can connect the onboard graphics in SLI/Crossfire, the moment you insert the dedicated card, the onboard graphics will be disabled. Since you have nVidia onboard and inserted an AMD card, I know SLI/Crossfire is out of the question. But who knows, I could be wrong because I definitely don't know it all.

I will say making BIOS changes is not damaging. If you make a change that keeps the machine from posting, you can always pull the coin sized battery to default all the settings.
I second this. You are going to need a GPU that supports 3 displays.

Back