No blue bar on Task Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, This is my first post so thanks for any help.

When I press Ctrl Alt Delete It opens as normal in a new pane and works as it should but there is no blue bar at the top. The missing bar is the one with options for closing or reducing the pane to the task bar, therefore, after using Ctrl Alt Delete I cannot get rid of the pane. It is still there after going on standby and only by rebooting will it disappear.

I have tried running the repair option from my os disk but to no avail. I would appreciate any help.

I am using Windows XP pro.

Thanks for your help. Los

Can you move the window maybe the blue bar is simply off the screen? If you cannot move the window, right-click on the application in the toolbar at the foot of the screen and select move. then use cursor keys to move the window downwards.
Is there no menu line either - File, options, Windows, Shutdown, Help. If so, use File, exit task manager. Does the window close when it has the focus and you press Alt-F4 ?

Lol :D

Just double click any part of the gray border (anywhere)

Note: In Performance or Networking screens, just double click on the black area.

Is that all you wanted?

By the way, if you double click it again, it will go away again (you can keep doing this for fun all day :) )

Thanks to you both.
There is no menu line on the window but it does move. I have until now been moving it out of screen sight at the bottom as it will always be in front of other windows but it still covers a part of the menu line itself.

I have now tried the double click method (news to me). It closes it to the menu bar which is great but doesn't shut it completely.

I am happy with having it there and thank you both for your help.

It does seem strange though that it is the only thing which hasn't got the blue bar at the top.

Cheers again Los

Whoohoo.

By doing that it has now got its blue bar back. Who'd have thought it. when I call it up now it always has the bar as should be. Sorted.

Cheers Kimsland. Great help

Thanks for the update :grinthumb

Not sure why it didn't work above (firstly)
But if you're not too worried (ie I'm still here ;) )
Centralize TaskManager a bit better (you can grab to hold the blue bar and centre Task Manager, anywhere you like)

Then double click again (in the same area as before) to see the blue bar vanish again
Then double click in the same place to see it come back

It's magic ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back