No bootable device -- why?

Hi, I'm having problems with my Hp Pavilon g6-1b60us Notebook pc.... (laptop)
at first i thought it was the hard drive that was dead , don't know! i bought a new one and still says no bootable device> is it the cable ??? maybe ,,, I need urgent HELP!
(it says first>> media test failure, check cable
After it says>> No Bottable device-- insert boot disk and press any key
i tried installing windows xp because it's the only C.D i have, but when it comes to accepting the terms ... it says press F8... and i press it and it does press .....
soooo can someone help me pleaseeeee!! thank U! God Bless

i tried installing windows xp because it's the only C.D i have, but when it comes to accepting the terms ... it says press F8... and i press it and it does press .....

You need to wait about this many more after you press F8 .....................................................................................................................................................................................................................
no joke, good luck!

Don't you have the restore disk that came with it? Check HP's website for info on system restore.

two factors that can cause this symptom
1) the MBR has been destroyed
2) the partition map is invalid

The second issue is more likely.
If you can dismount the HD and attach it to another system, you can explore
and sometimes recover the partition table.
This can take some effort on your part and using the wipe clean and reinstall
approach might be far less effort.

Motherboard?

so if it was the motherboard!! i might as well buy a new laptop... and it was only a few months old!! uugghh!! anyways i didn't do nothing to it .. the laptop just fliped on my couch and didn't want to function anymore..... ! i really want to fix so if anyone knows or u can help me u can even post a video explaining it better to me (post it on UTube) or doing it urself and i can do it ! lol,... idk!
i need serious help!! i loved my laptop!!

No bootable device

If your notebook is only a few months old can't you call HP Tech Support for a repair under warranty, 800-474-6836.

Back