No connection on new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just bought some new parts for a computer I'm building, Motherboard, video card, case/power supply, etc etc.

The only parts from my old computer that I was planning on using were the Hard drive and the CD rom drive.

So I hooked everything up, got the computer to boot, reactivated windows, log in, anndddd no internet.

The lights on the ethernet port are red and orange,
On top of this I can't put any CD's in the new computer because both my CD rom drive and hard drive use IDE slots (yes they're old) and my new motherboard has but one. So it's either the hard drive or CD rom get's plugged in, and I chose hard drive for obvious reasons.

I have a cable modem hooking directly into the ethernet port on the new motherboard
I can give you any specs you need, just ask

SATA CD writers are cheap... I hope you invest in one soon. You will have to install Windows fresh and also install all the motherboards drivers before you can expect the computer to run correctly

Don't have the windows XP disk, it came w/ the harddrive.

So say I buy a sata CD writer, and put in the CD's that came w/ the mother board, install the drivers, is that the problem w/ my ethernet connection?

Can I download the drivers onto the harddrive and just install them when I put the HD into the new comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back