No Internet access, this is a hard case to crack

JoshFromMexico

Ok, so, you smart tech people, you're all beautiful people, and I need your help really bad, so, I was restarting my laptop one day, and when it turned on, my wifi was red with a red * on it, ok, so, I'm using Windows 10 btw, this never happened, but for some reason that day it did, so I said **** it, put my laptop away, and didn't use it for a while, but I started trying to fix it, I opened it up and even tried pulling the battery out then putting it back in, but that didn't fix the wifi problem either, BUT, I can connect to Ethernet and use that connection, so basically, my computers ****ed, and idk how to fix that ****, and it's annoying having to use Ethernet just to go online etc, please help, I've tried so much stuff, nothing ever works, I recently tried a video, and now I no longer have a wifi sign with a red *, I have an Ethernet sign with a red x instead, and when I click on it, only airplane mode is there, not the wifi button, as if wifi don't even exist, this seems like some deep **** tbh, and I'm gonna need the next bill gates to figure this out for me man lmao, anyone, please help me, I would appreciate it greatly, thank you so much, have a good day, if you read the whole thing, you're the real MVP.

Go to Device Manager, [+] expand Network Adapters.
look for Yellow or Red flags - - these drivers need to be replaced - - but not using the Windows Update search.

Take down the Make & model of the Ethernet & the WiFi devices.
go to the website of the Maker and find Support &/or Downloads
fetch the correct Model for your version of windows ( Win/10) 32bit or 64bit to a USB thumbdrive.

Now you can take the thumbdrive back to Win/10 and install them.

Ok, update, my wifi button came back after I quickly restarted, but like I said, I still have the no wifi etc, just a quick update.

Go to Device Manager, [+] expand Network Adapters.
look for Yellow or Red flags - - these drivers need to be replaced - - but not using the Windows Update search.

Take down the Make & model of the Ethernet & the WiFi devices.
go to the website of the Maker and find Support &/or Downloads
fetch the correct Model for your version of windows ( Win/10) 32bit or 64bit to a USB thumbdrive.

Now you can take the thumbdrive back to Win/10 and install them.
My drivers are ok, I've tried updating them many times, it's not the problem, but I'll try the USB part

My drivers are ok, I've tried updating them many times, it's not the problem, but I'll try the USB part
That's highly suspect as you still have problems AND red/yellow flags. Win/10 is known to mess up when it auto updates.
It's your system - - do as you choose.

That's highly suspect as you still have problems AND red/yellow flags. Win/10 is known to mess up when it auto updates.
I just want to be able to use my wifi, my adapters don't seem to be the issue apparently, I don't know what's going on, any ideas?

Look, my wifi switch will buffer and turn on, but as soon as I leave that tab, and go to say, VPN tab, when I come back to Wifi, it's off, and the whole time, even if the wifi tab is technically switched "on", it's not really switched on bcuz the icon at the bottom just stays red, I'm clueless man

Attachments

• IMG_6335.JPG
    IMG_6335.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 3
If you are running VPN software uninstall it and then try to get your connection working. Once you can do that reinstall the VPN.

If you are running VPN software uninstall it and then try to get your connection working. Once you can do that reinstall the VPN.
For some reason also, my wifi icon on the bottom right, with the red x, when I click it, to turn it on I assume, it doesn't go on, it looks like it's going on, but it's not on, still a red x

The laptop's internal wifi adapter may have a fault. Mini wifi usb dongles start from a very low price on eBay and would be something else to try.

Stay off the VPN for a while and browse the internet via the WiFi. If this will stay stable, then it's an interaction with the VPN.

If you didn't know, for security reasons, once a VPN connection is made, all other access (even local file sharing) gets disabled but should not go to the red x state.

Stay off the VPN for a while and browse the internet via the WiFi. If this will stay stable, then it's an interaction with the VPN.

If you didn't know, for security reasons, once a VPN connection is made, all other access (even local file sharing) gets disabled but should not go to the red x state.
I don't have a VPN, I was just using that as an example of how I would go to another tab, and when I would go back to wifi it would simply be turned off even tho I just put the wifi on, I don't have a vpn, etc, it's just that my wifi does not work, it only works on Ethernet, idk how to get it to work again properly

Back