No onboard sound, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tha General

Ever since i installed my new video card, 8400GS 512MB PCI card, my onboard sound has disappeared, and when i manage to get it back, after playing a game, say if i restart my computer and come back my sound has disappeared.

Any idea?

http://www.soundcard-drivers.com/drivers/74/74424.htm

" For Windows ME users. These drivers work perfectly on my Intel III 800 machine. Unzip Ichaud.sys and copy to your Windows\System32\Drivers folder. Copy the other two, VMM32.VXD and MMDEVLDR.VXD, to the Windows\System directory. Reboot and you are set. "

I am not using windows98se of course, using xp home edition and i did the first time and it worked. Now when i do it, nothing. :( I can't find any xp home edition drivers on the intel site or elsewhere or even on my xp disc.

Can you identify your computer make and model please.

I suspect that 'Intel' board is one sold to a second party.

Intel 810 chip graphics controller/82810. I never had this problem with any other video card, but with this 8400gs, it seems to disable the onboard sound. About 10mins ago, the sound came back, but after playing a game, and restarting my computer, the sound is gone again.

I really don't want to get rid of my 8400gs :(
Right now i am trying out a sound card , and about to install the drivers and i hope i can use this card.

I just disable my onboard sound and put in a sound card and now the problem seems to be gone. But for some reason, the 8400gs conflicts with my onboard sound, so the sound card help. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back