No overclocking... for the children

Status
Not open for further replies.

red1776

so my eldest little girl (9) comes home from hallowed halls of the local elementary school she is matriculating and informs me that next Friday is 'earth day'. arguably the favorite holiday of government schools everywhere. she tells me of all of the festivities that will take place on this sacred day (green shirts, ride the bicycle to school, and the like). and excitedly asks her mother and me what are we going to contribute to earth day. i know,i know, wait for it!
I have never had much use for 'earth day' since its inception in the mid eighties if memory serves, and i fancy myself a pretty fair steward of the third rock, at least in my little corner of it. and besides, if we are all honest its really just another fake made up hallmark affair to propel forward the social re-engineering that is the global warming movement. at least the 'man made' part of it. as far as i am concerned, if your going to tell me that its too hot, that means you should be able to tell me what the temperature should be.....and you cant do that as the earth is some 4.5 billion years old , and we have a scant 130 years of semi accurate climatological records to consider. besides I have studied the numbers and the earth has been warming up and cooling down in thousands of year cycles long before the advent of the Chevrolet suburban or herds of ill mannered cows populated the earth. and the evidence that demonstrates that us disgusting humans are turning this world into a permanent sauna, is held only by those who's jobs or 'grant getting' depends on global warming s existence.
but i digress, I could not disappoint my brown eyed, copper haired princess standing there excitedly awaiting my contribution to the big day. so I decided as she is also an up and coming computer enthusiast, that I would refrain from overclocking for earth day. off will go the OC option of CCC, and for a 24 hour period, my BIOS will be neutered back to stock speeds. and I told her that i would ask the Techspot community to pledge something to the big day....so how about it? what are you not doing for earth day? and BTW, i am a business development manager for an L.E.D. company. we sell l.e.d's and cutting edge lighting technology specifically to companies that are 'going green'. aint life funny that way?

and as a brief aside:
the only one off the hook here should be Rage_3K_Moiz, as he is responsible for the sales of more Antec earth watts PSU's than anybody at antec.

and as a brief aside:
the only one off the hook here should be Rage_3K_Moiz, as he is responsible for the sales of more Antec earth watts PSU's than anybody at antec.

Made me laugh because it's so true.

I don't even acknowledge earth day. I don't feel that I need to. I don't even have a car and I get a drive to school in the morning, so what's the point in me riding a bike to school instead of getting a drive from someone who is going past the school anyway on the way to work?

Maybe I can shut down my Mac Mini tonight rather than letting it idle at 13W...

Not related to computers, but for the past 2 weeks I've been trying to grow bell peppers, not having much luck though, today is day 13 for the first ones I planted, still got nothing. In an effort to save some money on my electricity bill I don't turn on my heater unless the temperature in my apt is 62 or below (for several weeks this winter that number was 57). Apparently peppers want 75+ (hasn't been above 68 in here 11 of the 13 days). If they ever do grow, they'll be sequestering CO2 (if only temporarily) and producing Oxygen, and if you really want to push it, there will be a few less peppers sold at the supermarket this year, if enough people did that there would be less emissions from trucking peppers from Mexico to here.

Ole......!

Maybe I can shut down my Mac Mini tonight rather than letting it idle at 13W...
if enough people did that there would be less emissions from trucking peppers from Mexico to here.
Yeah right, and the next thing you'll tell me is they'll start bringing the drugs in with hybrids.

Now you just wait one minute here Buster, I've pitched and sold my fair share of those too, in addition to owning 4 of them myself.

I turn off my computer's surge suppressor every night, and drive a a motorcycle, 40MPG city, 50+ HWY

Do you get half credit for replacing all your incandescent lightbulbs with CFLs, but then forget to turn them off?

hot peppers and cranky props.

Not related to computers, but for the past 2 weeks I've been trying to grow bell peppers,

I found that out trying to grow scotch bonnets and jalapenos here in minnesota. they like warm and wet, mine turned out less than potent. Im going to try it again in two months when we move to Tenn[

Now you just wait one minute here Buster, I've pitched and sold my fair share of those too, in addition to owning 4 of them myself.

opps! I stand corrected....sorry Captain, a tremendous oversight on my part. you have moved alot of 'earthwatts' havent you :haha::wave:

and yes! you do get credit as some high ranked tree hugger said last night in regards to earth day " all that matters is that you try". yikes, i dont even know where to start in dissecting that hypocrisy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back