No signal on monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a weird problem. When I turn on my computer the monitor has no picture and says "power saving mode" which it usually says when the computer is turned off. If I take the plug out the monitor says "No signal, check cable" - so there is a connection? When I plug the monitor on the integrated videocard I see picture just fine, also tried plugging the monitor on another computer and it works there too. So I took the computer to the shop to have it looked and when I got it back they said they didn't find anything wrong with it - the videocard and everything was working just fine. So I got home tried again and it worked, I saw picture through that videocard again. Now the next day it stopped working again. As much as I've checked over the past couple of weeks the temperature levels on the video card are withing normal range and I have never clocked the card or cpu either.

Any ideas what I should do and if it really is the video card problem or could it be something else?

Thanks

have u disabled the onboard video card in the BIOS, and do u have the onboard drivers uninstalled?

it might be a good idea to go into the BIOS and turn off the onboard video card, I have never used an onboard video so I do not know a whole about this. also if u have not go into Add and Remove Programs in the control panel and remove the video drivers for the onboard video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back