No signal on the monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologise if this is in the wrong section...And I apologise for another one of these threads.

But I'm at a loss what to do. Heres some background info...

Ok I bought a computer off ebay which came with a P5VD2-MX-SE MoBo. It hard an external PCI-E GFX Card (Can't remember model) NVIDIA I do believe. Since I've had this computer it repeatedly crashed at random times/Applications crashed (with the windows reporting error) and randomley froze.

I managed to narrow this problem down to the graphics port on the actual mobo been the problem due to onboard graphics working perfectly when I used that, the graphics card itself worked perfectly in another computer and I purchased a new graphics card EAH3650 I think, and the thing still crashed etc. Occassionally it would say the VPU had to reset or something because it failed to respond to commands (when I was using the PC)

A month or so ago I had problems I think it was that the monitor would display anything OR it wouldn't get past the Windows Loading screen and finally I removed the secondary RAM stick and the computer started working fine again.

So the other day I had been using the PC and switched it off for updates, was working fine...Then when I switched the thing back on...I got nothing...No signal to the monitor. After this I figured its about time to replace the MoBo so I purchased a new P5N73-AM and installed everything (correctly I assume) hooked everything up GFX card etc...Even bought a new PSU, and I still get the no signal thing...I don't even get BIOS.

I know it isn't the cable connecting to the monitor I hooked this laptop to the monitor using it...So I'm thinking it's either the AVG-DVI connector or the graphics card...Any input/questions is helpful.

Thank you in advance.

James

Always suspect the cable first... and often it is just the connection socket and plug... remove and reinsert to see what happens, as a good first step.

Well I know it isn't the cable as I did test it but your right I should have suspected it first lol.

Right now I just unplugged the HDD, CD drives and still no luck. I find it weird that both the on board and graphics card won't produce an output. Granted I still haven't taken out the graphics card yet.

The front LED is red for about 15 seconds when booting up...Is that bad? If i remember rightly I don't think it is, but I'm not sure.

Even bought a new PSU, and I still get the no signal thing...I don't even get BIOS.

If the monitor doesn't get a signal, it's still possible you do get BIOS, you just don't see it. You could try attaching another monitor, or a different graphics card..

Hi,
I am new to this forum am not even aware if this the right place for my query I have a HP notebook of DV series, of late I have been noticing that on switching on the laptop the CPU starts and humming starts,some indicator lights are on but dispaly won't start. I switched off from the power button, removed battery, power cord. Restarted nothing works,it has occured in the past also and it may start normally.I am at my wits end please advise me what can I do. Any help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back