No signal to monitor, urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i moved into my university flat last night, turned on my desktop pc to make sure it was fine, it was, then turned it off. however this morning when i turned it on...the monitor just says 'no signal' and is black n then goes to standby. the desktop LEDs also dont come on, but the computer does sound like it is starting windows up from what i can hear. ive tried to get the monitor to work by doing the following (none of these have worked):

- checked cables
- used monitor on laptop (it worked)
- reset cmos
- taken battery out for half an hour and put back in
- reseated RAM
- reseated video card (6600gt)
- taken out RAM one stick at a time
- tried turning on with no CD-ROM, FLOPPY OR hard drives attached

None of these have worked

What can i do? i urgently need to do work on the computer. There is no other monitor port to try on the computer except a DVI connector one, my parents are posting up a VGA to DVI adapter which i should receive tomorrow however i have suspicions that this wont correct the problems. Also, the keyboard and mouse lights dont come on and neither do the LEDs on the front of the case.

Thanks for any help!!
x

this is very complex, you have done lots of things.
try resetting the battery,changing the cable
good luck

how do i reset the battery? didnt i already do that by taking it out for 30mins? also the cable definitely works as i tried the monitor and cable with my laptop and the monitor worked...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back