No signal

Goldenvale

Hello,

I have recently built a new pc (the specs are below) everything seems to work fine but when I start a game or play a youtube video my screen goes black and it say's no signal. I also can't hear my hardrive anymore but all the fans are still running, the power button wont work so I need to turn it off from the PSU. I've installed all the newest drivers and also flashed the motherboard with the newest update, I have tried 3 different graphics cards, reinstalled windows a couple of times but still the same problem. I tried playing a video on youtube while on Winki operating system (Boots from the cd provided by MSI) and it seems to be working so it seems like it's a windows issue. The cpu fan is also spinning way too hard while it's not overheating (30 degrees).

I really hope someone can help me here because i've searched the whole web, tried everything and I haven't found a solution.

Specs:
Motherboard: MSI 760GM-P23
Processor: AMD FX-8120
Memory: GeIL Black Dragon 8GB-1333MHz
GPU: Asus Nvidia GTX 560 DirectCU II TOP
PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700watt

Flash is installed windows updates are not but I don't see what this has to do with it because it also happends in games.

"I don't see what this has to do with it because it also happens in games"...

Windows Updates also includes hardware driver updates and .Net Framework updates that directly affect how Windows works with Video drivers and video in general. Understand now?

Found out that my cpu wasn't comatible with my motherboard. CPU needs 125watt and the motherboard only provides 95watt.

Well everytime i stress the cpu it just stops working and that's why my screen goes black. The pc is still running but it can't work without the cpu. When I restart the pc it goes back to it's original power output which is just enough to power the cpu without it being stressed..

My cpu has 8 cores. I tried disabling 2 cores and it worked for a while but it still kept failing.

hi, I have a new pc, msi 760gm p23, fx 8120, corsair memory4 GB, windows 7 home edition, no graphics accelerator, no overclock, and similary symptoms. you change your board???

Back