No sound after fresh install of win7

By patricia016
Jul 24, 2015
Post New Reply
  1. Hi guys! I use an old sony vaio laptop with model number VPCSB26FG with a Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit OS.

A few days ago I went to a Sony repair center to reformat my laptop (it didn't have the OS installer when I bought it) and it still have sounds. The next day there was an red x mark on the volume icon and there was no sound! It said that there are "No Audio Output Device is installed".

I download the audio driver from Sony site (http://www.sony-asia.com/support/product/vpcsb26fg) and installed it but after the restart there is still no sound and everything's the same. I tried installing again a few times and still the same.

At the device manager, the only thing under the "Sound, video and game controller" is the Intel(R) Display Audio that is installed and enabled.

I tried looking at the playback devices and checked the "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices" and it still says "No audio devices installed".

Now I don't know what to do. Is this maybe a hardware problem? But it still has sound after the reformat and I didn't let it fall or something like that. I hope there's a software solution to this! THANK YOU GUYS! :*

2. Piiote

Piiote TS Rookie Posts: 18

3. patricia016

patricia016 TS Member Topic Starter

Thanks! Although I already tried that before and did it again now, still nothing. It maybe a hardware problem now. Even my earphones(that work on other laptops, PC and tablets) don't have any sound as well.