No Sound after I installed a HIS Radeon HD 2600 Pro, 512mb, into PCIe Slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! This is my first post to the Tech Spot community!

I have just upgraded my graphics card to a HIS Radeon HD 2600 Pro, with 512mb, and IceQ cooling. I installed this card into a PCIe slot.

I installed this onto an HP computer, running Windows XP Home, with an AMD 64x2 processor. Prior to installation, I had sound working, and the audio device was listed as "REALTEK HD AUDIO DEVICE". I had a pair of desktop speakers plugged into the on-board sound jack, and had no problems.

After installation, speakers plugged into the same on-board jack, but now, the audio does not work for either system sounds or CD audio, and the device listed is now "ATI HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE"

I know the graphics card allows 5.1 channel audio through the HDMI (When using the included DVI to HDMI Adaptor).

How do I change the device back to the on-board "REALTEK High Definition Audio Device", and disable the ATI HIGH DEFINITION AUDIO DEVICE?

Is there a way to disable this, or is it better to purchase a sound card to add to the system?

Any help would be appreciated!

I tried that - would not recognize the default audio.

However, I did get the issue solved by entering the BIOS, and changing the On-Board Audio feature from AUTO to ENABLED.

Pretty simple fix, but it worked.

FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back