No Sound Card/Device/Cannot Start (code 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all,

Hello and thank you for being such a great site with such helpful people.

Secondly,

I just finished reformatting my Windows XP Pro after a mysterious crash that left it frozen at each start up.

After having to wait the painful 59 minutes to reformat and run windows, I am faced with the annoyance of no audio.

'No biggy' I thought, snooped around techspot, tried downloading codecs, drivers, etc... Nothing worked, I faced all the problems everyone else did with no solutions.

First the greyed out 'No Device' via Control Panel.
Then the Realtek Ac'97 cannot start (code 10)
Then finally while trying to resolve the problem I joined techspot looking for answers.

I have no taskbar/menu volume controller, I know I have a sound card enabled in my tower, and I know it's worked in the past.

I can't get Realtek or HD SoundMax to work after install/restart

My specs are:

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.40 GHz
Motherboard: (No manufactuerer given) Model P4X400-8234
Chipset: VIA PT800 (VT8754) Rev 03
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies Ver. 6.00 PG
1.28 gigs of RAM
160 gig of HDD space
Running Windows XP Professional Edition
Clean install as of today!

Thanks in advance, hope this helps and someone can help me!

It is a SOYO Dragon Motherboard with on board CMI 8738 audio. You will need to find a CMI 8738 audio driver maybe this one:

Thank you very much Tmagic, I went to the website but the link has been taken down/ or is no longer working, I will keep trying looking for an alternate link...

Thanks again.

Found the C Media pack I needed, unzipped it and double clicked set up, went through a little hitch but in the end I installed it properly

Went to my favorite youtube video and clicked playing crossing my fingers!

Thank you so much Tmagic, IT WORKS!

many, Many, MANY MANY MANY MANY THANKS!!!

Found the C Media pack I needed, unzipped it and double clicked set up, went through a little hitch but in the end I installed it properly

Went to my favorite youtube video and clicked playing crossing my fingers!

Thank you so much Tmagic, IT WORKS!

many, Many, MANY MANY MANY MANY THANKS!!!

Where did you end up finding the correct downloads at? I have the exact same problem although with a different motherboard and XP Home. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back