No sound on Windows 10 preview build 10074

TitoBXNY

I updated to the latest build and haven't been been able to figure out why the audio isn't passing through the speakers. I have a Sound Blaster Audigy XFi Fatal1ty and I have uninstalled and re installed driver. Device Manager indicates that audio is working. I can see the Windows Mixer indicator moving as if all is well. I've had the issue with the last 2 preview builds and have been able to fix it. I am currently on the same PC on my Windows 8.1 drive and all is working without issue. Any ideas?

I am on Windows 10 Technical Preview Evaluation Copy Build 9926. Go to control panel SOUND. Make sure that the Sound Blaster Audigy XFi Fatal1ty is set as the default sound device

It is set as default device. When I play music I can see mixer icon moving as if I have sound. Sound is not passing through though.

What speaker system are you using? Does the motherboard have on-board audio? Is it disabled in the bios?

It's a Logitech 5.1 system. I disabled on board audio. I was just on my Windows 8.1 drive and I have no problem. It's an issue with the latest 10 build.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate and Windows 10 with an older build. When in Windows 10 do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

No (!) in Device Manager. There is no indication that anything is wrong other than I don't hear audio. I ran the trouble shooter, I removed sound card and put back. Uninstalled and reinstalled driver. My PC runs perfect when I am on a separate Windows 8.1 or my Linux Drive. Definitely a Windows 10 bug. I've read other threads of people having the same issue.

On build 9926 I only had sound issues after updating my Nvidia GeForce video card drivers

Okay, I am now using Windows 10 build 10074 and I HAVE sound. Have you tried installing the latest Creative sound driver manually?

I reinstalled NVIDIA driver and disabled the audio portion in device manager. My sound is working now. Thank you for replying, I really appreciate it.

Back