No Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.
After installing xp I have no sound! I have researched this problem and have found I need to enable digital sound, but in the advanced portion of my volume control there is no place to do this. Does anyone have any suggestion? By the way the speakers are ba735 usb.

What sound card do you use? Have you looked in device manager to see if there are any problems with drivers etc? If you use onboard sound is it enabled in Bios? Did you have sound before you installed sp1? If you can be more specific then I or someone else will try to help. Regards Howard :grinthumb

It is an onboard sound card, don't know what kind. It beeps at me and I pretty sure the driver is fine. How do I make sure it's enabled in the Bios? I did have sound before XP. Thanx in advance, Doug.

If it was working before you installed XP then I would guess that it`s already enabled in Bios. Have you looked in device manager? I.E right click my computer and select manage then selact device manager look to see if there are any yellow exclamation marks next to your sound devices. Once you have done this then please post back with the results. Also what were you running before you installed Xp? Regards Howard:grinthumb

There are no yellow exlamation marks. I was running 98se. I really think i just need to enable digital sound, but in the advanced portion of my volume control there is no place to do this. When I click, Start ,all prog. ,accessories ,entertainment and then volume control, there should be a place to enable digital sound in the advanced portion but it's not there.

p.s. Gateway and Boston Accoustics both say this is all I need to do but I can't.

Click start settings control panel and sounds and audio devices select the audio tab and under default devices make sure you select your onboard sound device what ever it is. or if you are not sure tell me what you see and what options you have

Default device is either;Boston USB Audio device or Intel Integrated audio. I have tried both with no luck. Unless I did something wrong? I did get mad and turned it all the way up and I can just hear a little static/music.

I don`t think it will be the usb audio device since it is off board and you would clearly see it so that leaves you with intel which is your onboard sound. In your volume control is there anything that says SPIDF which is another way of saying digital! Look on both playback and record sections to see if it`s there. Make sure that on the playback side if it`s there that the check box that says mute is not checked. On the record side if it`s there make sure that the check box is ticked to select it.

I have the same problem after installing XP from Win98. No sound, Device Manager has exclamation point on Multimedia Audio Controller. I tried the suggestion of looking in the manufacturer's site, did their instruction but the exclamation point didn't go and still no sound. What should I do next?

multimedia audio controller troubles

i jaz had my pc winXP reformatted everything else works except the audio the multimedia audio controller has a yellow exclamation mark n question mark to the left when i checked it. i don't know what the motherboard model is...i tried looking for the software needed but im having trouble looking for what i actually need...i'm not very good at this i really need help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back