No video signal, no mouse or keyboard

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey all
firstly i use windows 7 on my celeron based computer with 1gb ram and radeon 9600xt on an old gigabyte branded motherboard..
when i try to turn on my computer fans on motherboard and graphic card are working.. but there is no signal on monitor or lights for keyboard and mouse..

my keyboard is from microsoft multimedia series and only working light is F-Lock button light.. caps lock and numlock lights are not working..

i tried to reset bios with pluggin out the mobo battery waited about 2-3 mins and plugged in back like explained on mobo manual but nothing happened..

i tried to plug out and in all cards and rams on mobo and power cable for mobo.. reseated cpu.. didnt work again..

i experienced this problem with my new computer on vista.. i just reseted my bios by changing bios jumper connections and it worked.. but for this motherboard there is no jumper for bios like my new one.. maybe i couldnt reset bios correctly..
any other suggestions? please help

You may continue to have troubles with Windows 7 on that board... keyboard is not the issue, but rather the chipset... Celeron, old memory, old chipset not designed for VISTA or Windows 7
You might want to tell us a lot more about the motherboard, then double check the Windows 7 install requirements.

Are you not getting any video during post? If not then I doubt it would be a windows problem.. Bad memory can cause no video during post..

This is definitely not an OS issue. If you can't even see the POST screen and access the BIOS I'd say there's a 110% chance of a serious hardware malfunction, especially seeing that the computer is not exactly brand new. :(

My hunch is that your PSU's hit the bucket and is not supplying enough power to actually boot the system. But this is just a gut feeling based on butterflies and green lizards. As others have pointed out, you'll need to give us a LOT more details on your hardware before we can actually be of assistance.

Before popping out that power supply I would still suggest removing all cards (except video card),memory (except for one stick) and try again.. If the problem still exist try a different monitor and or video card.. I have seen bad memory cause the problem you are describing..

Sorry for late posting cuz i was on vacation =(
I removed all cards and the cpu and reseated again.. After that i reseted the bios and everything started to work but after seeing bios screen and loading for windows 7, the same problem caused again.. I think its a problem with windows 7 and mobo compatibility.. Maybe i need to reset bios again and format hdd before trying load windows..

Thanks for ur posts and sorry again for my indiscretion..

Something that I do not think you mentioned was seeing the windows logo screen before the black screen problem (from first post ) "but there is no signal on monitor or lights for keyboard and mouse" When you installed windows 7 did the installation finish correctly? Were you able to get into windows at all? And if so were you able to install any drivers? Have you been able to install any other operating system on this system before windows 7? What build of Windows 7 are you using?

The build i use is rc one (7100).. I have used it about 3 weeks without no problem at all..
I experienced this problem with my new computer while i have vista installation.. I used hibernation feature in vista but my mobo couldnt able to exit from that case and it stayed without video signal workin mouse or keyboard.. So i had to reset my bios and disabled hibernation feature completely.. Now im happy with my windows 7 and hibernation feature on my new computer.. But the problem is it seems my ancient computer has a similar problem =) Now i all wanted is see the video signal and being able to format my hdd for installing windows xp back.. Resetting bios worked for once but it seems its not working anymore =(

You want to reinstall xp right? Im not sure why you could not just reinstall windows.. You mentioned "after seeing bios screen and loading for windows 7" so im assuming you are at least seeing the windows 7 loading screen.. Have you tried popping in your windows xp cd and reinstalling?

Sorry i think i couldnt tell the problem correctly.. I was able to reset bios once and got the video signal.. But the problem caused again and now reseting bios doesnt work and i cant see any video signal on my monitor.. No working mouse or keyboard again.. =(

Not a problem.. Just trying to understand the problem correctly.. Lets try to narrow down the possibles so we have something to work with here..
You have no video during the bios loading screen?? If so then keep reading..Unplug the power cord from the system and hold in the power button for several seconds..Open up the case and remove all the cards except the video card and memory.. Disconnect all drives including any cdrom/dvdroms you may have.. Check all cables inside the system and make sure they are fully in.. Since you mention no keyboard lights hook up another keyboard the monitor cable, computer power cable and try turning on the system again.. Do you see the bios screen now? If no then remove the memory and if you happen to have some extra working memory for that system laying around use that and see if it makes a difference..If you have a difference video card handy try that as well.. Keep all the cards drives disconnected for this test.. Any difference.. If so then slowly add one thing back and keep trying till you no longer have any video during the bios loading screen..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back