No WMP? Windows Media Player on W10 ?

This is what it says for me:

Included in clean installs of Windows 10 as well as upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. In some editions of Windows 10, it's included as an optional feature that you can enable. To do that, select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.

Edit: That's weird, the link doesn't work any more. Try this one:

It's not the same page, but should hopefully guide you to getting WMP.

Last edited:
This is what it says for me:

Included in clean installs of Windows 10 as well as upgrades to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 or Windows 7. In some editions of Windows 10, it's included as an optional feature that you can enable. To do that, select the Start button, then select Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Manage optional features > Add a feature > Windows Media Player, and select Install.

Edit: That's weird, the link doesn't work any more. Try this one:

It's not the same page, but should hopefully guide you to getting WMP.
This I have tried,

For info about the latest version for your system, see Get Windows Media Player.

To manually troubleshoot or upgrade your installation of the Player, try the following:

1. Click the Start button, type features, and then select Turn Windows features on or off.
  2. Expand Media Features and see whether the Windows Media Player check box is selected. If it is, clear the check box.
  3. Click OK and then restart your PC. This will remove your current version of Windows Media Player.
  4. After your PC has restarted, repeat step 1.
  5. Expand Media Features and select the Windows Media Player check box.
  6. Click OK and then restart your PC. This will reinstall the latest version of Windows Media Player for your system (Windows Media Player 12, with a few exceptions).
Still no joy

If you don't mind using version 11, you could always try this:

I will give up on it, was just surprised, this is the first Windows computer (laptop/desktop)I've had it was not already on. Thanks for your help :)

Back