Noctua NH-D14 in NZXT Hades?

Bobi4ever

So as the tittle says, I have the NZXT Hades case and I wanna put the NH-D14 in it.
Since the cooler itself is quite large, I'm wondering will it fit the case without removing the top fans?
I'm aware that I'll have to remove the side panel fan in order to fit it, but will I have to remove the top fans as well? Cause that's not really the option for me.
If someone has this setup, please post the picture of your case with the cooler, it would help me a lot. :)
Also, does with NH-D14 comes the AMD backplate and mounting kit? (AM3)
My setup currently is Phenom II 960T unlocked to X6 1600T so it can get warm pretty fast, that's why I wanna go for the NH-D14.
Any information would help.

Regards,

Bobi

Might pay to ask an NZXT rep...they have a support forum at TPU.

As an educated guess, I'd say that it would be a close fit, but possible if not probable. The top edge of the motherboard would be pretty close to the bottom of the top fan, but the NH-D14 ( I don't think) overhangs the edge of an AMD board. I'm assuming you're looking at mounting the cooler front-to-back (i.e. draw air from the front, exhaust to the rear of the chassis). The NH-D14 isn't much wider (140mm) than most standard tower coolers designed around 120mm fans.

I assume you have already checked your board and RAM for compatibility with the Noctua.

I have that exact setup.

The NH-D14 will fit nicely into the NZXT Hades, but you have to remove the 200mm on the side panel first.

Thanks for the help.
PC nerd can you please upload a pic of your rig with the NH-D14 inside please? :)
That would help me a lot. :)

Oh wow. That looks amazing :D

What is with the dual fans above the CPU? Is that your heatsink?

Yeah, those two fans are cooling my heatsink, you can see the pipes behind it on the last pic. :)
Cool, thanks, I was affraid that I would have to remove my top fans in order to put NH-D14 and I didnt want to lose my top fans. :)

I've never seen a heatsink with fans like that. It looks pretty beasty. Why are you replacing it with the noctua?

Well I have the AMD 960T processor unlocked to X6 1600T, this current heatsink can cool it until 3,7GHz but for everything above that, I need a better heatsink cause this one can't cool it off.
Those unlocked processors heat up pretty fast when overcloking. :)
This is the SS of it with Prolimatech Megahalems with two Coolink's 120P.
http://www.dodaj.rs/f/q/51/2eNPu9p4/38.jpg
NH-D14 is supposed to have a little better temps comparing it to the Megahalems, not much, but still better and it fits in the Hades thanks to you. :D
The only problem now is...I cant find it anywhere to buy in my country. :(

Haha. Dude, I have pretty much the same setup as you:

http://i.imgur.com/kZ8S3.png

Phenom 955 OC 3.8GHz @1.375V + NH-D14 w/ stock fans
Asus M4A88TD-V Evo USB3.0 AM3 motherboard
Corsair XMS3 4 x 2GB 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 RAM
Sapphire 6850 1GB
Temporary hard drive (SSD on the way)
Corsair 650W
NZXT Hades + NZXT 200mm front fan + Scythe Slipstream 140mm top fan + Arctic F12 120mm rear fan

:)

Haha nice! :D
Have you tried overclocking your 955 to 4GHz?
Is it third revision of the processor?
If it is, you can go for 4GHz for sure, maybe more. ;)
I overclocked mine on Sabertooth to 4GHz but I can't do it on m4A88T cause of the laggy voltage regulation on the board. :( Gotta get a better one, my friend has Sabertooth so we played a little with my processor. :)
I would suggest you do the same, especially if you go for an SSD, get a better motherboard.
You already saw my computer, the rest is.

2 x 2GB 1600MHz Kingston Blue
PowerColor 6850 850/1100 clocks (you can do the same with yours, use Trixx to overclock it).
WD Blue 320GB, I'm considering getting an SSD, nothing less than 120 or 128GB, but a lot of people are having problems after a few months, they just die lol ssd that is, so I'm still considering buying it.
PSU is Cooler Master Real Power M520 (520w).
You saw my modded Hades already, I still have more pics if you wanna see it. :)
Nice rig btw. ;)

I tried manually overclocking to 4GHz, but it somehow performed considerably less than 3.8GHz... I think it just wasn't stable at 4GHz. I use the overclock utility on the ASUS motherboard. OClevelup? It's good stuff.

I usually have my 6850 at 850MHz core / 4600MHz memory, but with the random weather in Britain at the moment, it was overheating when it was really hot in my room.

I'm getting a 64GB or maybe 128GB Crucial SSD. Crucial and Intel SSD's are the best for reliability.

Stay the hell away from OCZ. They're terrible.

OC level up sucks, there's no program that can OC your cpu with 100% stability, you gotta do it from BIOS then goes the testing with Linx with all memory.
I can teach you if you have the patience or simply tell you what to do in order to overclock it. ;)
How high were your temps with 6850? Mine were fine, from 62-63c to the 70c but in Furmark ( program for testing gpu's).
64GB wont be enough trust me, you will want to get a bigger SSD when you get used to it. ;)
Crucial, Intel and Samsung have probably the best SSD's.
Also, Patriot Pyro SE has awesome speeds aswell.
Yeah, OCZ is priced a little higher but nothing special comparing it to the above SSD's.
P.S.
Stay away from Mushkin also. :)
What's the price of the NH-D14 at your place?

Don't worry dude, I know my stuff.

I've found that OClevel up is actually more stable than the manual overclocks I've tested with LinX.

My 6850 hits about 60 degrees while gaming and about 70 during furmark while overclocked.

About 55 degrees while gaming and 65 degrees during furmark at normal clock speeds.

I'm getting a Crucial 64GB because my main OS hard drive just died. I'm using a crappy hard drive I had lying about, but it's slower than the Samsung F3. I need a decent OS drive ASAP and I don't have much money at the moment. 64GB will have to do.

I'll be putting a new Ivy Bridge + 7970 build together soon anyway.

The Noctua NH-D14 is about £55-£60 in Britain.

OCZ are horribly unreliable, as SSDs go. Intel, Crucial and Samsung are the only brands I would touch at the moment. Corsair and Patriot aren't too bad, but I'm going for reliability when I buy an SSD.

Back