1. TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users. Ask a question and give support. Join the community here.
    TechSpot is dedicated to computer enthusiasts and power users.
    Ask a question and give support.
    Join the community here, it only takes a minute.
    Dismiss Notice

Noisy PC

By Wisdommark
May 21, 2019
Post New Reply
  1. I have a problem - my PC isn't working properly, he became too noisy and when I start to play games it begins to be even louder! What can I do with it, have you got such a problem?

2. TheDreams

TheDreams TS Evangelist Posts: 633   +68

There might be a large buildup of dust on your fans, try cleaning it off with canned air.

3. Cycloid Torus

Cycloid Torus Stone age computing - click on the rock below.. Posts: 3,997   +1,177

Could be 5 or 6 different things... ComputerHope has full, careful explanations which you might want to check out. https://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000696.htm

If still noisy after that, come back here and tell us more about your problem. For me, it is often a fan which needs cleaning or lubrication - but since there are 3-5 fans it can be hard to tell which - I use the eraser end of a pencil to press on the hub of moving fans to see if the noise changes.

Do NOT open your PSU - too dangerous - high voltage!!

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...