Nokia Lumia 1520 video review

Just wondering why are you, people, pushing so hard the Windows phone and Nokia stuff?!!!

Just wondering why are you, people, pushing so hard the Windows phone and Nokia stuff?!!!
Why? Do you have something against that "stuff" as you put it? I have seen reviews of many other types of devices here on Techspot over the last few months, so perhaps there is just very little to report on the Android/IOS front at the moment. Nokia has been really busy lately with regards to releases. Wouldn't you say that's perhaps at least a plausible situation?

Standard conspiracy reasons I would say :S

I have to say this video review is extremely impressive. Although I am a staff member I don’t see the making of if you will so the end result of Tim’s work is just as surprising for me as it is the rest of the reader base. I can certainly appreciate all the hard work that went into this.

Could it be that it's just a great device, like all the other Lumia flagship phones? Seriously though, the only thing holding WP back is the app ecosystem. Nokia has been doing an outstanding job on hardware, and as far as functionality, ease of use, and speed WP8 is pretty darn good(maybe even great).

This was a superb video review. I know a lot more about the Nokia 1520 than I did before. And I learned a few things about Windows Phone in general. Even though I'm not in the market for this size of phone it's great to know what the potentials are and to get such a well rounded tour of how the phone operates.

The soft background muzak, the restrained enthusiasm of the reviewer ... it feels like an infomercial.

There's nothing wrong with the way the review was done at all but here's the thing: These huge monstrosities are not everyone's cuppa tea (me included) so this type of thing will always receive some negative comments. Tim is just doing his job and I think he does it pretty well.

Back