Norton Internet Security blank screen

tacobfm

Whenever I open NIS nothing happens and if I open it from the windows taskbar, I get a blank screen.
I've tried using the services.msc but it won't let me restart NIS for some reason. Help?
Also If its possible to uninstall and reinstall NIS without the product key please tell me because my parents have the key.

i've seen similar situation where NIS simply won't open or appear among the notification icons (lower right of Windows screen).

You need to uninstall and reinstall it. Uninstall shouldn't remove the product key. See here.

In fact, i just did reinstalled it on someone else's computer this week without needing to reenter the product key.

It should be pretty straightforward, i think :)

Download the installation file and save on your desktop before you do the uninstall

Yeah i guess, the thing i have installed might be norton 360 or the suite or could be something else, however I'm pretty sure it said Internet Security though. Ill double check tommorow to be sure.

When you uninstall it, it will remove the software but not the personal settings (including your current product activation key) unless you tell it to uninstall personal data as well (it'll prompt you to ask) so just don't choose to remove personal settings

/* edit */
At least that's the way i read it should work and it did work as such when i reinstalled NIS for someone just a couple days ago. It prompted me about removing personal settings, i said no, and i didn't need to renter the prod key

Back