Norton Internet Security Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. I have the Symantec Norton Internet Security software installed on my pc. I have found weird things happen at start-up with it. It always displays an error message, like, "You have turned off your firewall and may be vulnerable." Sometimes it isn't the firewall, but it always says that I have turned something off. I open up Norton, and it says everything is on and OK.

What's going on here? This alarms me because it could be a virus messing around with Norton that Norton doesn't even detect, or, Norton is just messed up, which would mean that Norton is less safe (maybe). I've heard that Norton is less than optimal, but it is what I have at the moment.

Is this a serious problem? Has Symantec addressed this issue? Or is this a virus? I don't want to go messing around in the registry because I don't want to accidentally ruin my computer, so if there is another way to fix it, it would be preferred.

Thank you very much! :)

If you are concerned about a virus it always pays to have the Malware team take a lookie for you.

Try here

Then if all clear, we can start looking at Norton, from what I can see, Norton has it's own firewall in the package

:)

I am very close to being out of disk space, so would it be okay to just run a system scan with Norton, and then go straight to step 6 (update java) and continue from there?

If Norton has been compromised by a virus then I wouldn't trust it to find the culprit.

I'd recommend doing the full guide. Step two is downloading/running CCleaner which will delete your temp internet files. This will definitely free up some space!

Give it a go and if you run into disk space problems then let your helper know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back