Not able to use 1GB DDR1 RAM

well,

My system config is as follows
Intel D101Ggc Motherboard
Intel Pentium D cpu 2.8Ghz
Memory 702MB Currently (512+256)
Graphic Card : Nvdia 8600Gt 512 MB

recently i brought 1 GB DDR ram Dynet ( DDR 400 ) as specified by the motherboard Specs but yet it is restarting when i use it single or System Hang if use with the other Ram.. even they are of DDR400 of Dynet

Is it because of BUS SPEED WHICH IS BEING SHOWN AS 200 MHz ??

Right now i am not interested in buying new CPU for few months ,so is there anything i could do to get the RAM working or is it useless ?? Please let me know

Thanks

You could try running memory diagnostics on it one stick at a time - starting with the old stick. I would use Memtest. If no errors after running it for a couple of hours, then power off, swap memory with new one, repeat test. If both find no errors, then it maybe your memory controller, which means new motherboard

No, it's not because of the Buss speed. DDR exchanges 2 bytes of data per clock, which makes the effective speed 400Mhz..

What does Intel have to say about DIMM capacity? Perhaps you can't use 1MB models in the board. Besides, one particular slot must be populated at all times,. so bouncing it it back and forth between slots could possibly break something. You can download the manual @ www.intel.com

Back