Not Blocked, but no email

learninmypc

I have a friend that has twice sent me an email (I watched her both times) but yet I have not received it.
I've checked my blocked addresses in my yahoo, nothing is in there.
The first one was sent Saturday 10/19 & the 2nd one today. I typed my addy in myself so I know it is correct. Any ideas???:confused: NOT in my spam folder either.

Ok, I think it might have to do with yahoo since she just forwarded the email to another addy I have & it came thru.

Are you using an internet browser, a yahoo windows 8/8.1 app, email manager to receive these emails?
check if you set the app/email manager to receive 'all emails' or click 'sync now' or 'update all emails'.
also, from app/email manager, add the sender's email address to safe list again.

I'm using the latest versions of Firefox & SeaMonkey. I don't know what a "a yahoo windows 8/8.1 app, email manager to receive these emails?
check if you set the app/email manager to receive 'all emails' or click 'sync now' or 'update all emails'.
also, from app/email manager," are. The friends name has been added to my safe senders list & no, they still haven't shown up.

You can install a 'yahoo app' under windows 8 or windows 8.1 to receive emails from a yahoo account in metro/modern style.
windows live mail and mozilla thunderbird email managers and other mail apps can be set to 'download emails for the last two weeks only' or 'download all emails' or 'sync mails now'.

I have not used sea monkey so I can't comment about it.

my OSes: windows 8/8.1/7, all 64-bit. no problem sending/receiving yahoo mails except about a month ago when I sent an email to the u.s.a. and new zealand and the recipients never received the mails. the 'failed mails' are actually in my sent folder.
so to check whether the mails are properly sent, I add my own email address (BCC) so I can verify the correct transmission of the emails I sent.

Ok, since you don't have/use SeaMonkey, thats ok.
I do not import email. I just use the regular yahoo.com webmail.
I have never had any problem receiving emails from her till this last weekend.
I went to the yahoo help section & they wanted her email address but I refuse to do such.
I get all my other email newsletters & such.
I do continue to check my spam folder but nothing. I thank you for your help.

I was curious and googled Yahoo mail block sender. Sure enough, that feature is supported in yahoo mail. Perhaps you accidently blocked her address? google the instructions to see if she's on your blocked list

My bad. When the TechSpot email notification arrived, there I saw the title to your post: Not blocked! :eek: Sorry 'bout that.

Back