"not responding"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryaned

After booting up my laptop crashes and whatever is running is reported as(not responding), I have tied to run the 8 step cleanup but system crashes, have only been able to complete step 3. I an currently running in safe-mode....any suggestions ? Regards, Ned

I was unable to complete the 8 step clean up due to repeated crashes " not responding "... am currently on my desktop as am "exhasted" and frustrated with laptop....I will check back in AM PST

Regards, Ned

You're not being ignored - I had no specific help to offer.

If safe mode is all you have, then what happens with safe mode with networking.

If not stable under any circumstances & if not able to use System Restore.....
Then the approach needs to capture error messages or mdumps. This means select the menu item that halts the boot on error (as often as needed).

Reboots/crashes -- ordinarily this points to 'Gudes & Solved Issues'

If given the opportunity, disable firewall added to the computer. Ditto for the AV. This is specific to 'pages not displayed'

'Not responding' ? Just IE? Random applications?
IE could be corrupted due to virus.
Random could be hardware, memory, drivers, etc.

Take a deep breath.......focus...........give us a heads up

Currently using safe mode with networking, seems to work longer but eventually will "not Respond"--------->crash.
Did sytem restore, problem persists.....sometimes happens before browser open."Then the approach needs to capture error messages or mdumps"
Do not know how to do this Regards, Ned
I have another computer to communicate on if necessary.

My wife took my laptop to work where their IT person agreed to look at it....I will let you know of outcome. Thanks for interest.
Regards, Ned

The ITperson mentioned in above post recommended the following:
1. He "cleaned up" my laptop with some software tool
2. Recommended I add 2GB ram....I have an inexpensive HP compaq notebook C714NR that I maxed out with 2GB Ram when I bought it

It is currently more stable, so I'm going to let well enough alone for now.

Thanks for your interest and input.
Regards, Ned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back