Notebook shutting off suddenly

Hello
My computer has been shutting off for a month now, and I simply have no idea what the problem is!!
At first I thought the cooler had stopped working, because the noise my note did was suddenly gone, and it started shutting off.... I live far from any place that could fix it, so I have been posponing it... I got a "cooler table" to put under the notebook but it didnt seem to help much!!

The weird part is that it turns off on random times, sometimes it turns off while still turning on, sometimes when I am using it kind of hard, sometimes when I am just browsing the internet!!

I read some threads here and downloaded the hwmonitor, and took a couple of pictures of the results....
it seems to be running very hot, reaching 80 degrees celsius (176F)

Is there anything else that could be causing this? Maybe the thermal paste or something like that? Because turning off while turning on is pretty messed up!!

I am planing on taking it to someplace to get it cleaned, but I wanted some opinions on the matter before doing so!!!

Thanks

Leave the thermal paste alone. Personally, as long as you don't play with it, it is just fine - - never had a failure from this cause. HOWEVER, dust accumulation restricts airflow and THAT is very frequently a source for your symptoms & yes 176F is HOT

Back