Nothing on screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

lowrider

Hi, i assembled a pc and when i press the power on button it starts to work but nothing is shown on screen. all parts are new. tried to disconect everything except vga, ram, and cpu but still no changes. monitor somehow reacts when i turn on the pc but stays in a stand by mode (when the pc is off then monitor shows "no signal" when i press the power on, the message disapears.

Motherboard: MSI P35 Neo2 series MS-7345
Cpu: Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 2.40 Ghz, 2mb l2 cache, 800 fsb
Vga: radeon x550xt pci-e 256 tvout dvi
HDD: WD Caviar 320 gb sata
Memory: Geil DDR2 512 PC 5300 Latency CAS4

Thank you for your help and sorry for bad english

yes, i've connected. but there to interesting things on the mobo. the first one is that there is a power connector on the mobo which should supply power to the PCI express x 16 vga (as i undrstand). it's the same power connector as it's on most of cd-roms or IDE disks, but it doesn't matter if the power is connected or not, because nothing happens.

And the second thing is that there is another power connector with 8 pins (2 rows with 4 pins) and it is written that it supplies power to the CPU if it is needed. bet there are no such connector that i could put in that place.

Power is only connected to the mobo into 24 pins connection.

"Hi, i assembled a pc"

Re-think your assembly - you haven't got the PSU support right it seems.

maybe it can be the problem that nothing is connected to the power connector near CPU? but there is no such connector coming out of PSU...

that's what i found about that connection: "some motherboards use a special 8 pin EPS12C connector, if your system requires this, connect the included 8 pin +12 V power connector available to motherboard"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back