NTLDR is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this is the right section, as Im new to this..

Anyway, here goes:

I have a nice little Asus EEE pc, that I tried to boot from USB.. Didnt work, and now its saying that NTLDR is missing press ctrl+alt+del to restart.. I found a post here, that gave this post (computerhope .com/issues/ch000465.htm) as a solution.. So I got me hands on a samsung external harddrive and a XP cd, changed the boot order and so forth.. But when i try to boot from cd it gives me blue screen at the same place every time.. Says an error has occured and windows is shutting down to prevent damage to the computer and : *** STOP : 0x0000007e (0xc0000005, 0xf75de0bf, 0xf7a2a208, 0xf7a29f08) ***

Any ideas?..

ntldr missing

hello, what kind of a computer do you have? laptop, or desktop? If your using a laptop, sometimes changing the drive letter to a letter farther up the chain to n, or m wil let the external hard drive function better. ntldr stands for nt loader.

I got that after a failed shutdown once, the only solution I know of thus far is to install a fresh copy of windows, or at least try to use the repair option the the install disk.

try to boot to windows cd with the internal hard drive and while windos is booting you can hit F6 to load files then you will be able to load the NTLDR if that dosent work i suggest going into the recovery consle menu when it prompt you on the Post boot

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.

2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.

3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the "R" key to repair Windows.

4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the "1" key and pressing enter.

5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.

6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk.
In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter "E". This letter may be different on your computer.

copy e:\i386\ntldr c:\
copy e:\i386\ntdetect.com c:\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back