Ntoskrnl.exe

hi i am wondering if anyone can help. When i boot up my pc i get directed to a screen saying that the file ntoskrnl.exe is either missing or corrupt. I entered my windows vista installation disk and followed the procedures and clicked repair my computer. Doing this i clicked finished and the pc restarted for me to get directed back to the same screen i was at in the first place. Is there anything else i can do??

Can you boot into Safe Mode? If so...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

i won't lie i haven't a clue about computers so have no idea where to even find out what make is the hard drive. how do i??

Okay, no problem. Do you have any friends who have computer hardware knowledge? If yes, then have them take off your side panel and find the hard drive. The name should be on top.

My suspicions right now are either with your hard drive or a serious infection issue.

Back