Nvidia bundles The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with new graphics cards

Scorpus

Staff member

nvidia witcher wild hunt gpu graphics card pc gaming game bundle the witcher 3

When Nvidia launched the GeForce GTX 900 series of graphics cards last year, the company decided not to bundle a free game with each purchase of a flagship GPU. But with the impending launch of a GameWorks-enhanced, resource-intensive title, Nvidia have decided to bring back bundled games to add a bit of extra value to each GPU purchase.

The game in question is The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, an open-world RPG that's set to launch on May 19th. Previews of the game have already revealed stunning visuals thanks to developer CD Projekt RED's REDengine 3, which judging by past releases will take quite a lot of graphics horsepower to run. And as with most Nvidia-bundled games, The Witcher 3 is a GameWorks title featuring HBAO+, HairWorks and PhysX.

Starting today, anyone who purchases a GeForce GTX 980, 970 or 960 graphics card, or a notebook powered by a GTX 980M or 970M, from a participating retailer will receive a voucher to download The Witcher 3. As you'll notice, this bundle is strictly reserved for high-end GPU purchases: mid-range cards like the GTX 965M and GTX 700 series are ineligible.

The "Undeniably Epic" game bundle from Nvidia is available in all regions except China, and will run from today through to May 31st. If your purchase does include a free copy of The Witcher 3 (and we advise you check beforehand, as not all retailers participate), the download will be provided DRM-free through GOG.

Permalink to story.

I'd much rather see the value of the bundled games deducted from the retail price of the cards. The titles of included bundled games would never influence my purchasing decision but price will.

I'd much rather see the value of the bundled games deducted from the retail price of the cards. The titles of included bundled games would never influence my purchasing decision but price will.

nVIDIA and CD Projekt RED are already taking a financial hit (albeit probably a small one but a hit nonetheless) with the bundles they offer, and discounting the price of the card on top of that would make it a bigger hit on nVIDIA. Something they don't need to do to sell cards. As the article states, the bundle is a promotional thing, and gamers that want The Witcher 3 will like the offer.

My MSI GTX 970 came with a voucher that let me pick one of three games (I took Far Cry 4), and imo that's a pretty sweet deal. Point being, don't be greedy. :)

Last edited:
nVIDIA and CD Projekt RED are already taking a financial hit (albeit probably a small one but a hit nonetheless) with the bundles they offer, and discounting the price of the card on top of that would make it a bigger hit on nVIDIA. Something they don't need to do to sell cards. As the article states, the bundle is a promotional thing, and gamers that want The Witcher 3 will like the offer.

My MSI GTX 970 came with a voucher that let me pick one of three games (I took Far Cry 4), and imo that's a pretty sweet deal. Point being, don't be greedy. :)
Nice. My EVGA GTX 970 came with a free backplate(y) something that a lot of people are crying about not getting. I'd rather have that than a free game but hey, that's just me.

Man, Nvidia really hates it's early adopters. Not only do they not get what they paid for but now they get to see some decent freebies pass them by.

Nice. My EVGA GTX 970 came with a free backplate(y) something that a lot of people are crying about not getting. I'd rather have that than a free game but hey, that's just me.

I miss the backplates my 6950's had. Right now I'm looking at a matte black PCB. The card I got is the ugliest PCIe card (it's the 1102MHz base clock version) I have ever owned. It's gross from the side. :(
There's nothing wrong with wanting a free game, but wanting its value taken off the price of the card is a lil greedy. lol

I miss the backplates my 6950's had. Right now I'm looking at a matte black PCB. The card I got is the ugliest PCIe card (it's the 1102MHz base clock version) I have ever owned. It's gross from the side. :(
There's nothing wrong with wanting a free game, but wanting its value taken off the price of the card is a lil greedy. lol
I'm not greedy... I just like a lot. :D

Cheeses Cries, all those years I thought PC internals were there to give You the performance while gaming, or somthn'. My life will never be the same. Well, my matte black tower obstruct the vision of my GPU completely, so at least I won't have to feel ashamed if anyone come visit.

Man, Nvidia really hates it's early adopters. Not only do they not get what they paid for but now they get to see some decent freebies pass them by.
Damn. It's a thankless job being an early adopter. Not only do they overpay for everything but they also get stiffed by us non early adopting folk who reap the benefits of better products, better features and lower prices without the slightest hint of appreciation.
Yeah it's tough but hey, somebody's got to do it and it may as well be them. :D

I'm not greedy... I just like a lot. :D
Yeah, it's called "free game" for a reason, isn't it?

Yeah, it's called "free game" for a reason, isn't it?
Who are you trying to kid? It's not free at all, nothing is free, it's built into the price of the card. Both Nvidia and whoever publishes the game gets a nice chop. The consumer gets the illusion of it being free but they've paid for it.

Cheeses Cries, all those years I thought PC internals were there to give You the performance while gaming, or somthn'. My life will never be the same. Well, my matte black tower obstruct the vision of my GPU completely, so at least I won't have to feel ashamed if anyone come visit.

ikr. I paid $200cdn to have the $100us custom 1/2" acrylic side panel you see in my thumbnail (pre-HDD and GPU upgrades) shipped to me, and I care about how things look behind it. :)

I got my Witcher 3 code from newegg yesterday. Kind of wish I hadn't used it already so I could trade it for a Steam copy but I got overly excited and attached it to my GOG account already.

It's supposed to be for purchases on or after March 10 - but if you're close enough and a regular customer of NE I bet they would make an exception for you.

Back