Nvidia details RTX and DLSS enhancements for Dying Light 2, Guardians of the Galaxy, and...

Daniel Sims

Staff
Something to look forward to: Nvidia utilized Gamescom 2021 as an opportunity to show off its ray tracing and DLSS technology in more than a dozen games, several of which are revealing these features for the first time. We already knew about games like Battlefield 2042, Black Myth: Wukong, and The Ascent supporting the Nvidia features, but the company is now showing off ray tracing and DLSS for some upcoming and already available games.

Detailing all the games in a press release, Nvidia revealed a new scene from Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy demonstrating ray tracing and DLSS at 4K on an RTX 3080. The game launches on October 26 and will also be on GeForce Now.

Nvidia also showed off the effects of ray tracing and DLSS in Dying Light 2, which according to Steamdb is the most wishlisted game on Steam right now. The new video covers the game's global illumination, ray-traced shadows, ray-traced reflections, and how the ray tracing applies to the dynamic day-night system. It comes out this December.

Last month Cyan announced it's bringing the VR version of Myst to PC and Mac soon without the requirement of a headset, and Nvidia just confirmed it's bringing ray tracing and DLSS to this new version. Nvidia's own benchmarks claim to double the remastered Myst's framerate in DLSS performance mode, and Nvidia says DLSS should allow VR mode to be played at 4,864 x 2,448 resolution at 90 frames per second. The PC and Mac versions of the remaster launch later this week.

Bright Memory: Infinite, which comes out later this year, also got a new trailer from Nvidia, which shows off its global illumination along with ray-traced reflections, shadows, and caustics.

Another upcoming game that Nvidia revealed will get similar features is Loopmancer, which debuted at E3 this year. Grit: Wild West Battle Royale, launching on September 1st, will support DLSS as Nvidia demonstrated in a new video. Nvidia also included a new trailer to confirm it's bringing DLSS to Chivalry 2 in a future update.

Nvidia took this time to remind people it's bundling Battlefield 2042 with RTX 30 series graphics cards, and pointed out the new trailer for Black Myth: Wukong that it revealed last week.

Permalink to story.

Am really curious if Myst‘s PC version will offer both DLSS and FSR support since the console version does use FSR.

Lets see, you have two choices:

1- Use DLSS and target only a small group of gamers that have a rtx20 or 30 series.

Or

2- Use FSR and target a lot of AMD gamers, plus RTX, plus GTX gamers.

Choosing option one sounds like a stupid decision, except if a company with lots of money and known to pay developers to use their proprietary cr@p is involved, then option one sounds like the "correct" one to follow.

Last edited by a moderator:

1- Use DLSS and target only a group of gamers that have a rtx20 or 30 series.

Or

Choosing option one sounds like a stupid decision, except if a company with lots of money and known to pay developers to use their proprietary cr@p is involved, then option one sounds like the "correct" one to follow.

Personally, I‘m totally fine with games supporting DLSS as long as that does not screw the game up for everyone else.

But there’s really no excuse for not including the easy to implement FSR, as well.

By all accounts it‘s very low effort and benefits a large customer base, particularly in the current GPU market situation.

Personally, I‘m totally fine with games supporting DLSS as long as that does not screw the game up for everyone else.
I do have a problem with that.

Example, I really love the Arkham games and their physx eye candy is great. I replay them every now and then.

But 10 years after and still the only way that you can get that eye candy is by having a nvidia gpu.

So I am sure that the same thing will happen to games that only target DLSS.

By the way, I just tried using my 6900xt as primary and a gtx970 as a physx card and even though the game said Gameworks was enabled, it didnt work.

1- Use DLSS and target only a small group of gamers that have a rtx20 or 30 series.

Or

But DLSS is better. But you knew that.

Great, so more nvidia sponsored games that will be "blocked" into implementing FSR.

I wonder when Intel comes with XeSS, will nvidia be able to block them both?

Imagine how stupid would that look for a game to have only DLSS, when FSR and XeSS will be both open source and will work on more GPU generations than DLSS ever dreams of... pftt.

There are no good reasons to not use everything. DLSS, FSR, XeSS — it'll cover ALL bases and it's only a couple of days to implement. As a 1080ti owner, Nvidia can go f itself for blocking alternatives.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nvidia starts paying devs to intentionally botch rasterized shadows and lighting or cripple performance to make their RTX cards appear better.

Imagine how stupid would that look for a game to have only DLSS, when FSR and XeSS will be both open source and will work on more GPU generations than DLSS ever dreams of... pftt.
And do you think that those scumbags care about that?

Nvidia must be paying them an insane amount of money per title for these companies to continue operating as this.

But what is worse is that this continue creating more drones for the nvidia flock.

Hell, I just saw someone in Twitter saying "I was blessed to be able to get a RTX card".

Even better, these publications/sites continue spreading this hype.

Another example, Twitter account GPU Restock Monitor, posted an update about AMD, nvidia and consoles going to be restocked and what did TomsHArdware did with that info?

They created an article making it sound that only Nvidia GPUs were going to be available and ignored both AMD and consoles.

This is simply sickening to manipulate information that way and the drones that cant comprehend whats happening.

Talking about manipulation, lets see if this post doesnt get magically deleted, like many others.

Last edited by a moderator:

Or

Yer cos the 2000 and 3000 didn't sell many... DUMB

Back