Nvidia is launching a new Pascal-based card: the GT 1010

midian182

Staff member
In brief: Nvidia is quietly preparing a new graphics card, but it’s not the elusive RTX 3080 Ti or RTX 3050—it’s the Pascal-based GT 1010. Almost five years have passed since the architecture used in 10-series cards such as the GTX 1080 launched, and team green is still squeezing life out of the Maxwell successor.

The GT 1010 was first reported by YouTube channel Dapz after a user spotted it on a driver download page. An Nvidia rep confirmed the card’s existence, adding that it had not yet been released.

You’re not going to be playing Cyberpunk 2077 on this product. Based on the 14nm Pascal GP108 GPU found in the GT 1030, a third of that card’s 384 CUDA cores have been disabled in the GT 1010 (256 cores).

As per TechPowerUP, the GT 1010 also features 2GB of GDDR5 with a 64-bit memory interface and 41.1 GB/s bandwidth. The GT 1030, for comparison, comes in both GDDR5 and DDR4 versions. Power-wise, it has a TDP of 30W and a suggested PSU wattage of 200W.

The GT 1010 is more of a display card designed for home theatre PCs, home servers, etc., and looks to be replacing the older Kepler-based GT 710. No word on a MSRP or when it will be released—or if it’s OEM systems-only—but at least the GT 1010 should be one of the few Nvidia cards in stock.

We recently heard that Nvidia is considering new crypto-mining specific graphics cards. Restarting the CMP line could alleviate the current shortages, which are exacerbated by the rising price of crypto and miners building multi-GPU rigs.

Permalink to story.

Seriously? What for? The GT 710 doesn't need a replacement, the 1030 does. Would it have killed to do a downsize on the current gen? HTPCs and servers don't need an NV card at all, they're perfectly fine with an Intel HD. ASRock J5005-ITX for example, I have 3 of those in 3 different households, and they've been running perfectly for years now.

Seriously? What for? The GT 710 doesn't need a replacement, the 1030 does. Would it have killed to do a downsize on the current gen? HTPCs and servers don't need an NV card at all, they're perfectly fine with an Intel HD. ASRock J5005-ITX for example, I have 3 of those in 3 different households, and they've been running perfectly for years now.

1030 replacement will come last if at all.

Heck, Intel Xe beats a 1030, this card has 0 purpose for a HTPC.

If Nvidia is dropping the 710 finally it could mean they intend on removing 700 series and older cards from the driver stack. It's already kind of weird that they have support with current release drivers going as far back as 600 series products to begin with.

AMD should release something similiar to pair with non-GPU Ryzens. The cheapest seems to be RX 550, but that's not still cheap enough...

If Nvidia is dropping the 710 finally it could mean they intend on removing 700 series and older cards from the driver stack. It's already kind of weird that they have support with current release drivers going as far back as 600 series products to begin with.
My GTX 750 can't run using the same drivers as my GTX 1070. I haven't had driver updates for a while for it.

AMD should release something similiar to pair with non-GPU Ryzens. The cheapest seems to be RX 550, but that's not still cheap enough...
No need to when they can just put Vega 3/8/10 Cu's into their APU's and make more margin. The RX 550 was designed to be an entry level card to run esports games at 720/1080p resolution. I'm sure they'll be bringing a replacement this year for it.

My GTX 750 can't run using the same drivers as my GTX 1070. I haven't had driver updates for a while for it.
Really? That's strange, it shows it in the supported product list of the 461.09 driver release.

What happens when you install the latest driver pack? Does the 750 stop showing up or if you have screens attached to it do they stop working?

Have you tried a clean install of the drivers, running DDU in safe mode before installing the latest drivers for example?

It's just a desktop card version of the mx130/230 that has been in laptops for nearly 5 years now. If it comes it at $50 won't be terrible for adding to a OEM to play your typical popular esports crap on a tight budget.

Pascal based cards??? Soooo, when are they going to have a COBAL based card? I can still write in COBAL even though there isn't much need any longer ...... sigh .....
Uncle Al - More than likely, never (COBAL based card) - It's COBOL - Common Business Oriented Language.

Back