Nvidia launches another GeForce driver, this one for Assassin's Creed Syndicate

Scorpus

Staff member

As promised, Nvidia is releasing a new GeForce graphics card driver shortly before every major game release this holiday season. The latest driver, version 359.00 WHQL, includes 'Game Ready' optimizations for Assassin's Creed Syndicate.

Alongside performance optimizations and SLI profiles for Assassin's Creed Syndicate, the 359.00 drivers also bring optimizations for the Overwatch beta, which is set to run over the weekend. New SLI profiles are included for Guild Wars 2, War Thunder and Overlord: Fellowship of Evil as well.

This won't be the last GeForce driver update Nvidia is releasing this holiday period: the company also plans on delivering drivers for Rainbow Six Siege and Just Cause 3, both of which launch December 1st.

If you want to grab the 359.00 drivers for today's launch of Assassin's Creed Syndicate on PC, you can grab a manual download from our driver section, or alternatively GeForce Experience can perform an automatic update for you.

Permalink to story.

If you're using Win 10 with the latest service pack installed or whatever they're calling it these days, don't frustrate yourselves trying to install it, either Windows is broken (most likely) or Nvidia's driver. They don't play together.
I had to reinstall Win 10 to get the goddammed driver to install properly.

If you're using Win 10 with the latest service pack installed or whatever they're calling it these days, don't frustrate yourselves trying to install it, either Windows is broken (most likely) or Nvidia's driver. They don't play together.
Threshold update, but I still call them service packs too ;)

I ironically just reinstalled 10 fresh. Even upgrading it from a barebones 7 that was installed and left alone specifically to be upgraded proved to be problematic eventually.

I ironically just reinstalled 10 fresh. Even upgrading it from a barebones 7 that was installed and left alone specifically to be upgraded proved to be problematic eventually.
I've installed the service pack and all seems to be working fine again. For how long? Your guess is as good as mine.

Off topic a bit, Anyone know how to stop windows 10 to downloading drivers for the gtx 275 I tested in my PC earlier this month?

I've been using it since 2014 with no fresh install and I had no problems besides the usual beta bugs. it's one of the most stable OS I've used.

With the exception of the first release of Vista that has been the case since XP service pack 1. As for Windows 10 being the most stable, I will disagree. The forums are filled with just as many people as any other OS release. Just because you and I are not having issues, does not mean there are no issues. To be honest I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop. I currently trust Windows 10 about as much as I do Obama*. There is more to an OS than stability. There is an ecosystem which is disrupted each time MS releases a new OS. This ecosystem disruption does effect stability, even if it is simply a mental issue with the user.

*Look at all the controversy Obama has stirred up. And it has nothing to do with the color of his skin. It's all the new aspects being introduced without regard for how it will effect the ecosystem.

I've been using it since 2014 with no fresh install and I had no problems besides the usual beta bugs. it's one of the most stable OS I've used.
Apart from it constantly spying on you it's not bad. Maybe I caused it shoring up my privacy. I've got it working now.
If you're interested in how bad the spying is you can check this out.

Back