Nvidia launches "Restocked & Reloaded" campaign with RTX 30 availability

Tudor Cibean

Staff
Why it matters: Buying a graphics card in the past year has been a nightmare. Gamers can't seem to catch a break between supply chain issues, crypto mining, and GPU scalping. Nvidia hopes to change that today with a massive resupply and sale of RTX 30 cards.

Although finding a sanely-priced GPU hasn't been an easy task for a long time now, the situation seems to be improving. Pricing has been steadily declining for the past few months — a trend that will hopefully continue.

Nvidia has just announced their "Restocked and Reloaded" campaign with some great bargains on RTX 30 GPUs. At the time of writing, EVGA seems to have some of the best deals on its online store. There are plenty of graphics cards in stock, some coming close to MSRP.

EVGA is currently selling three RTX 3090 Ti models: the $2,000 FTW3 Black, the $2,150 FTW3, and the $2,200 RTX 3090 Ti FTW3 Ultra. Only one RTX 3090 SKU, the FTW3 Ultra Gaming, is in stock and going for $1,700.

There are also five RTX 3080 Ti models, ranging from $1,280 to $1,530, and five RTX 3080s, with the cheapest one costing $1,000. Of note is that some of these come with water blocks pre-installed.

Now for the more reasonably priced cards. The RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 Ultra Gaming is currently priced at $760, while an RTX 3050 XC Gaming will set you back $300, just 20% above MSRP.

Unfortunately, there aren't that many cards under the $1,000 mark. While Nvidia wouldn't mind selling more high-margin enthusiast GPUs, most people are interested in buying mid-range cards like the RTX 3060. With a bit of luck, we're going to see more of these sales in the coming months as availability improves further.

Permalink to story.

I can confirm Asus cards are $100 cheaper than other cards at Canadian etailer. Limited stock on all of them, but many are available.

So these companies are expecting to make ~$1,000 the base price for cards now? Yeah, good luck with that.

If Lovelace lives up to the hype and rumors I could see them getting away with it. And I hate it.

Getting an used R9 290 for $200 feels like a lifetime ago...

So these companies are expecting to make ~$1,000 the base price for cards now? Yeah, good luck with that.

Well, they need to recoup some of the money they spend on youtubers and tech sites to continue hyping and needlessly mentioning the name nvidia.

Examples, see this “article” or like the other day, I was watching a review of a cell phone and for no reason whatsoever, the reviewer mentioned the new 3090ti.

Cant make this stuff up.

Well, they need to recoup some of the money they spend on youtubers and tech sites to continue hyping and needlessly mentioning the name nvidia.

Examples, see this “article” or like the other day, I was watching a review of a cell phone and for no reason whatsoever, the reviewer mentioned the new 3090ti.

Cant make this stuff up.
I also remember those saying sort of : "Nvidia has no ethics, they are against consumers and reviewers but they still have amazing DLSS and RTX support" while displaying promotion footages of Nvidia. And also the reviewers who had plenty of RTX boxes as if it was the most valuable thing on earth.

I also remember those saying sort of : "Nvidia has no ethics, they are against consumers and reviewers but they still have amazing DLSS and RTX support." And also the reviewers who had plenty of RTX boxes as if it was the most valuable thing on earth.
Dont get me started on that one (the boxes)….

or how regardless of the subject of the video, there is always a damned nvidia gpu visible on the desk.

Now it's the time to NOT buy a GPU ,now that everyone wants to sell you GPUs you should wait ,I AM !I hope that people have learned that the only thing that makes a real difference is how much you pay for something ,and right now nothing of rtx or amd is worth it's money ,when Intel is out there and next generation of rtx and amd is coming out would make prices go down ,why buy something that worths 700euros for 1200 or more....wait wait wait wait ,we did that for almost 2 years whats another 6 monts or so ,still playing 1040p with my 2080 having over 100 fps ,so let them wait until they get your hard earned money just a few months more ....

First I read "Some bargains!" And I'm alright let's go!

Then they talk about 3080, 3090, 3090ti....Oh and the 3050 I guess cause nobody wants those.

Like where's the cards that are *actually* a reasonable proposition and that people might want to buy like the 3060 or 3070? Nobody *needs* anything above a 3070 to have a fairly decent experience anything above is a TERRIBLE "bargain" even at MSRP we've seen the FPS per dollar graphics ok? It's the 3060 to 3070 range all the way.

This looks like they are trying to get a quick buck while mining isn't almost dead. "Take it fast, it's 100 bucks cheaper!". Really? I have been waiting for more than a year. How about MSRP or f.ck off?

I would not buy a GPU now even at MSRP!

These GPUs are more than 1 and a half year old tech and in 3-4 months both Lovelace and RDNA3 will make an embarrassment of the current gen when they come with at least 2x performance increase.

You may think a 3080 at $700 (which is unavailable and not actually at that price now) is a steal, but in 4 months you will have that performance at $350-400 with Lovelace and RDNA3.

Sure availability will be in question, but if you really try at launch you can get one (with initial launch stock) or if not the same 3080 at the fictional $700 would actually be much cheaper and discounted. Either way it's better to wait.

I'm looking forward to seeing RTX 3070 or RX 6700 XT at MSRP soon. Until that happens I might even ditch the idea of a new GPU for the foreseeable future.

Do people just assume companies don't have to make money? If they didn't sell a single video card priced at $3000 they would lower the prices. As long as people keep paying high prices why would they lower them? Companies have to make money it's what they do and unless they are Apple they have to compete with others who sell similiar products. Once miners and scalpers can't make profits buying overpriced videos cards the prices will drop as long as there aren't so many gamers buying $2000 video cards

I would not buy a GPU now even at MSRP!

These GPUs are more than 1 and a half year old tech and in 3-4 months both Lovelace and RDNA3 will make an embarrassment of the current gen when they come with at least 2x performance increase.

You may think a 3080 at $700 (which is unavailable and not actually at that price now) is a steal, but in 4 months you will have that performance at $350-400 with Lovelace and RDNA3.

Sure availability will be in question, but if you really try at launch you can get one (with initial launch stock) or if not the same 3080 at the fictional $700 would actually be much cheaper and discounted. Either way it's better to wait.
Without third party benchmarks, actual availability and street pricing there is no way to know if waiting is a good idea or not. They may be as expensive as scalped card, have less availability and their performances might only be slightly better in the real world. Remember how people were dumping their 2080ti's at $300 and then not being able to buy a 30 series card at all. If you need a card right now and can justify the price it might be your only chance to buy one, or it might be a expensive mistake. There is no way to know 100% what's going to happen.

Without third party benchmarks, actual availability and street pricing there is no way to know if waiting is a good idea or not. They may be as expensive as scalped card, have less availability and their performances might only be slightly better in the real world. Remember how people were dumping their 2080ti's at $300 and then not being able to buy a 30 series card at all. If you need a card right now and can justify the price it might be your only chance to buy one, or it might be a expensive mistake. There is no way to know 100% what's going to happen.
Nothing is 100% certain in new tech, especially.

As for people selling their only GPU to gamble a possible buy, that's their stupidity or naivety.

"Unfortunately, there aren't that many cards under the $1,000 mark." this is exactly how Nvidia treats the average consumer.
It looks like a conspiracy, there is no middle GPU class anymore, take the $1000 card or go for a console.

Then you are free to purchase something cheap from AMD, oh wait, their gpus are even more expensive not the mention the 6500xt scam but muh Nvidia.

Pricing has been steadily declining for the past few months — a trend that will hopefully continue.
UNQUOTE

I am seeing here GPU's across the board from the RTX 2060 to the RTX 3K series increase pricing by 30 to 150 EUROS after the massive price slump of the end of March.

In addition, as posted on Twitter yesterday, the move of ETH to Proof Of Work has been indefinitely postponed just as we expected.

Mining is seeing a resurgence. Good bye low prices for the foreseeable future.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/ethereum-merge-delay

If nVidia are really serious, they should make FE cards available at msrp in volume and in most important markets.

Would still love to get a 3060 Ti FE for €399, could not care less for 3080Ti and 3090Ti being a available for sky high prices. Thats non-news for me.

"Unfortunately, there aren't that many cards under the $1,000 mark." this is exactly how Nvidia treats the average consumer.
It looks like a conspiracy, there is no middle GPU class anymore, take the $1000 card or go for a console.
I'd like to visit that statement.

Mind you I know full well Nvidia said it don't get me wrong, but for the past week or so, maybe even longer, I've been seeing the 3060 and 3060 ti on Amazon consistently in stock and ready to ship. The 3050 has been consistently in stock for even longer maybe 3 or 4 weeks by now.

So I know it's a sample of 1 retailer but I was talking about Amazon as the seller and not just the listing: listing by other 3rd party sellers has been stable for months, just consistently higher in price tag by 10 to 20% for the midrange cards (If you ignore the very old listings that are not updated that are still there at like 1200 for a 3060 just in case they can trick anybody) but availability by Amazon as a seller themselves with prices a lot closer to MSRP has been ok it's not great and usually they might disappear for a day or so while they restock but if you wait a few hours in most cases they get listed back.

So if we now put our tinfoil hats on and do our best Alex Jones impression, we can clearly see that not only are the vampire pot bellied goblings coming out of the sewers to wait for instructions, but also that this marketing blerp we have on this article seems to be very clear: "We've got pretty healthy sales on the midrange cards, but the entry level and high end ones are not moving, let's promote those"

And the wider implication is clear: Gamers and other non-miners that haven't gotten an Ampere card yet really don't want to get a high end card they're ok with the mid range. Not saying high end gamers do not exist, but I am saying however that people who can spend 1000 USD on a gpu can probably spend 2000-2500 or maybe even more so they already paid scalper prices a while back because hey, if I was an American making 6 figures per year 1000 USD and 2500 USD really isn't that much of a difference to your finances at all which is that target demographic imho and according to my estimation as an outsider.

Back