Nvidia reveals six more games with ray tracing support

midian182

Staff member
Something to look forward to: Are you an owner of one of Nvidia’s RTX cards waiting for some new ray tracing-enabled titles? At the company’s GPU Technology Conference in China, it announced six new games that will support the feature.

There are already several big-name titles that allow ray tracing, including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Control. Probably the biggest name announced in China was Tencent’s popular battle Royale game Ring of Elysium, which will be receiving support for the feature through a future update, though it wasn’t specified when this might be.

The rest of the games are made up of Boundary, Convallaria, F.I.S.T, Project X, and Xuan-Yuan Sword VII.

As reported by TechRadar, Convallaria is another battle royale title that’s arriving next year. It features over 100 players in open-world dungeons, with both PvE and PvP elements. Boundary, meanwhile, is an outer space-set zero-gravity shooter that’s also arriving in 2020.

F.I.S.T is described as a hardcore Metroidvania-style game that features a rabbit with a giant mechanical fist, which sounds great, and Xuan-Yuan Sword VII is the next entry in a Chinese RPG series. Finally, Project X is an action shooter from anime studio Mihoyo that’s due in 2021.

The games might not be huge names, and not all of them will make it to Europe or the US, but it’s always good to know that more titles are getting ray tracing, and there are plenty of massive releases with RTX support coming next year: Cyberpunk 2077, Vampire: The Masquerade- Bloodlines 2, Doom Eternal, Dying Light 2, and Watch Dogs Legion, to name a few. Ray tracing is also being added to Minecraft next year.

Permalink to story.

I've been playing CoD with Ray Tracing on.

But as far as I can tell: current shadow, water transparency and reflection technology in games is already so good that even with Ray Tracing off, games look perfect.

Ultimately, I don't think the minor graphic upgrades afforded by Ray Tracing are worth the FPS hit.

And I'm using a 2080Ti Overclocked.

People with 2060 and 2070 can't get the full benefits of Ray Tracing without the performance hit.

What we wanted were cards that gave us solid 4K performance between 60fps and 240fps.

What Nvidia did was create a new benchmark and poorly present it to us hoping the developers would make the case for hardware we may or may not even use.

The lowest end RTX card should be capable of Ray Tracing at 4K 60fps but you don't really get that performance till you step into a 2080 Super which costs between $700 and $800.

Only the 2080Ti and RTX TITAN actually deliver the goods and the prices are way too high for most.

Last edited:
I've been playing CoD with Ray Tracing on.

But as far as I can tell: current shadow, water transparency and reflection technology in games is already so good that even with Ray Tracing off, games look perfect.

Ultimately, I don't think the minor graphic upgrades afforded by Ray Tracing are worth the FPS hit.

And I'm using a 2080Ti Overclocked.

People with 2060 and 2070 can't get the full benefits of Ray Tracing without the performance hit.

Very true.
I've thought this for a while, RTX is more for developers than the end user. It'll allow them more time to spend on other aspects on the game than painstakingly fake the effects like they currently do.

Sure ray tracing is more accurate but during normal gameplay you'd struggle to notice the difference.

Saying that I do notice the jarring nature of screen space reflections much more now that I know what to look for. Everything else is very subtle even when examined closely.

Very true.
I've thought this for a while, RTX is more for developers than the end user. It'll allow them more time to spend on other aspects on the game than painstakingly fake the effects like they currently do.

Sure ray tracing is more accurate but during normal gameplay you'd struggle to notice the difference.

Saying that I do notice the jarring nature of screen space reflections much more now that I know what to look for. Everything else is very subtle even when examined closely.

Yeah it does nothing to help developers at all. They're making hybrid games, not pure ray tracing games. RTX is a flop.

Reminds me of the now-defunct Nvidia's hairworks.

Too bad, the obscenely expensive 2080Ti can't even keep up smooth MINIMUM (1%) 60fps @ 4K performance. Let's forget about decent "RTX" performance at 4K especially for it's asking price.

At least, Nvidia is happy to survive with suckers buying anything they term as "flagships".

Raytracing experience will be lackluster until it becomes part of the common denominator of development which is next gen consoles 2020.

Raytracing experience will be lackluster until it becomes part of the common denominator of development which is next gen consoles 2020.
This^. New technology will take time to proliferate, but as the capability flows down to cheaper cards, and the capability is more integrated with engines it will get better and better. Thanks to everyone who chooses to pay the early adopter tax, it really brings forward technical advances.

RTX is only a flop because it was mass marketed way too early. It hasn't been given a fair handshake, between lack of supporting games and hardware. No one can judge, how it would have been perceived without those limitations.

This^. New technology will take time to proliferate, but as the capability flows down to cheaper cards, and the capability is more integrated with engines it will get better and better. Thanks to everyone who chooses to pay the early adopter tax, it really brings forward technical advances.
It's true but currently brute forcing raytracing through proprietary RTX only benefits Nvidia though and the open standard approach coming in the pipeline will make it more efficient for everyone. But I believe Nvidia's early adoption will keep its hardware at an edge even with the open standard approach but not as drastically.

I have never cared that much about Ray Tracing. The benefits do not outway the performance hit to current RTX video cards. I will wait for the tech to mature before I make it a priority.

Back