Nvidia RTX 3090 Ti rumored to arrive in January 2022 with 450W TDP, 21 Gbps VRAM

midian182

Staff member
Rumor mill: After hearing plenty of rumors about an RTX 3090 Super, it’s now being claimed that Nvidia really is going to release a 400W+ monster graphics card, but it won't use the ‘Super’ brand name: it’ll be the RTX 3090 Ti.

The latest claim, which comes from VideoCardz, alleges that the RTX 3090 Ti will feature a TDP of 450W—100W more than the vanilla RTX 3090. That aligns with the 400W+ TDP of the previously rumored RTX 3090 Super.

Interestingly, the RTX 3090 Ti might feature a new 16-pin Micro-Fit power connector (below) that will supposedly become a new standard for PCIe Gen 5. This suggests the card will be compatible with the interface, though Nvidia might save the feature for its high-end RTX 4000 series.

The RTX 3090 Ti specs are about as impressive as expected: a GA102-250 GPU with 10,752 CUDA cores (256 more than the RTX 3090), 24GB GDDR6X VRAM, 84 clusters, 84 RT cores, 336 Tensor cores, and 128 ROPs.

No word on clock speeds, but VideoCardz writes that it has confirmation of 21 Gbps memory, which again is faster than the standard variant of the card (19.5Gbps), and gives it a total theoretical bandwidth of over 1TB/s. It’s also said to feature 2GB modules instead of the 1GB modules used on the current model.

Assuming the RTX 3090 Ti is real, Nvidia will allegedly release and/or reveal the card in January next year. With the chip shortage effects expected to last into the second half of 2022—or longer, if you’re in the car industry—the card will doubtlessly cost a comically large amount of money, and even those who can afford it will struggle to find one in stock.

Permalink to story.

Nothing but a 'Halo' product.

Even in normal times, stock would be comically low, seeing as this will be nothing but cherry picked & tuned vanilla 3090 cores.

At this point just going to wait for the 4000 series. It should only be a year or so away anyway and hopefully the ship shortage situation will have gotten better.

Leaving the price aside, you can heat up a small room during the winter with 450W GPU, add a intel 250W CPU. There you go, you don't need to pay for heating.
.....this TDP has gone too far

They are crazy. My PSU is 1200W. I bought it 5 years ago and it was extremely sufficient. Now, it is just sufficient with my rig, and they want to increase the TDP even more! More heat!

Oddly enough, my EVGA 550W Bronze PSU puts out more heat during gaming than my 2060 does or the air coming across the radiator exhausting from the top of the case.

Apparently the 7900XT will be $1999 if you believe Moore's Law is dead and I'm guessing this will that price based on the ludicrous and egregious pricing of the 3080 Ti relative to the regular 3080.

They are crazy. My PSU is 1200W. I bought it 5 years ago and it was extremely sufficient. Now, it is just sufficient with my rig, and they want to increase the TDP even more! More heat!
Let's face reality, how about it? The whole issue is circular. The customer is constantly whining for "more performance", and then whiles even louder when manufacturers give it to them. Hell,.It's all in the consumer's over the top expectations of performance versus the power draw versus the price.necessary to provide it.

You seem to feel you're entitled to 1 TB of memory bandwidth,, but it must be delivered with the power draw of a 750 ti. Ir ain't gonna happen, anytime in the foreseeable future.

I just bought a GT-1030 from B&H Photovideo for $100.00. I figured it was close to list price, and not some a**hole trying to scalp one on Amazon for double that..

Hey, since one of my machines is running off its Intel HD-4000, I "rationalized" it would be a vast improvement over the Intel IGP. And like the old joke goes, "I don't have to be faster than the lion, it just have to be faster then you". (Metaphorically speaking, of course, from the viewpoint of the 1030 to the Intel IGP).

I full well realize my taste and budget for gear will be considered quite "pedestrian" by many here. But leave me alone, I'm happy, and after all, I "don't know any better". Therefore, "ignorance is bliss"..

Last edited:
Excellent introduction date. January and February are usually the coldest months. I hope some versions will come in the form of comfortable slippers. Every time I wanna warm my feet I'll run FurMark.

Excellent introduction date. January and February are usually the coldest months. I hope some versions will come in the form of comfortable slippers. Every time I wanna warm my feet I'll run FurMark.
Quick! Tell me where I can get a copy. Does it run with AMD and Intel graphics, too?

Back