Obsidian reveals The Outer Worlds' PC system requirements

midian182

Staff member
In brief: We’re exactly one week away from Obsidian Entertainments hugely anticipated The Outer Worlds. As such, the company has released the game’s PC requirements, and they’re pretty reasonable.

On its official forum, the developer revealed The Outer Worlds' Minimum and Recommended system requirements. Even a fairly potato-like PC should be able to play the game, as it asks for an Intel Core i3-3225 or AMD Phenom II X6 1100T, Nvidia GTX 650 Ti or AMD HD 7850, and 4GB of Ram. It even works on Windows 7 (64-bit).

Moving to the recommended specs, Obsidian suggests an Intel Core i7-7700K or Ryzen 5 1600, GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX 470, and 8GB ram. That’s not too bad for a modern major release, especially as the GTX 1060 remains the most popular graphics card among Steam users.

Another welcome piece of news is that the game will take up 40GB of drive space. That would have been considered a lot at one time, but it's half of what Gears 5 requires, and is comparatively minuscule compared to the 150GB that Red Dead Redemption’s PC version will need.

For those set to buy a physical version of The Outer Worlds on console, Obsidian says there will be a 38GB day one patch for the Xbox One while the PS4 has an 18GB patch – bad news for those with data caps. The same patches are already included in the digital download (and pre-load) versions of the game.

The Outer Worlds launches as a timed exclusive on the Epic Games Store and Microsoft Store, where it's also available to Xbox Game Pass subscribers, on October 25. It arrives on the Xbox One and PS4 on the same day. Check out 20 minutes of gameplay footage in the video below.

Permalink to story.

In case anyone wanted an easier to read version of the requirements:

Minimum:
CPU: Intel Core i3-3225 or AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti or AMD HD 7850
RAM: 4GB

Recommended:
CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K or Ryzen 5 1600
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060 6GB or Radeon RX 470
RAM: 8GB

F***ing epic games store! I can't play this crap on Linux now because of this even if I was willing to buy it on epic!

Atleast cyberpunk will be on GoG and steam. Guess I'm gonna have to pass on this one, I was hoping this would tide me over until 2077 comes out.

I refuse to buy any game that turns into an epic exclusive. I may buy them at a steep discount on another store at a later date but this EGS stuff leaves such a bad taste in my mouth I don't even want to look at these games

Oh how I wish this was available to PC Game pass subscribers... F@#$ the EGS.
I was pretty sure that it was per sources like this:
WCCFxboxgamepass20.jpg

F***ing epic games store! I can't play this crap on Linux now because of this even if I was willing to buy it on epic!

Atleast cyberpunk will be on GoG and steam. Guess I'm gonna have to pass on this one, I was hoping this would tide me over until 2077 comes out.

I refuse to buy any game that turns into an epic exclusive. I may buy them at a steep discount on another store at a later date but this EGS stuff leaves such a bad taste in my mouth I don't even want to look at these games

Strangely enough, you can also buy it digital from GameStop: https://www.gamestop.com/video-games/pc/games/products/the-outer-worlds/11094269.html

Doesn't say anything about the EPIC game store. They used to have a link to buy it right off their website.

I'll be a hard pass. I can't stand FPP games. Everything that I have seen unless I missed something is there will be no playable TPP option. Also this is laughable as they are calling it an RPG game??? Are all games getting lumped into RPG now? I mean every game you are role playing as a character so maybe? lol

You also have Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines 2 on every platform thanks to Paradox's decision to not go exclusive.

I'll be a hard pass. I can't stand FPP games. Everything that I have seen unless I missed something is there will be no playable TPP option. Also this is laughable as they are calling it an RPG game??? Are all games getting lumped into RPG now? I mean every game you are role playing as a character so maybe? lol
That dumb TTP crap. And yes, Role Playing can be First-Person. In fact, it's much better as you play yourself instead of controling a puppet that does what you tell it to do.

That dumb TTP crap. And yes, Role Playing can be First-Person. In fact, it's much better as you play yourself instead of controling a puppet that does what you tell it to do.
Even in first person perspective you're controlling a puppet. The perspective doesn't change that fact. I'll wait for reviews. I'm not a fan of first person perspective in most games, so I'm hoping a third person perspective is an option.

You can get it on the Windows store or Game Pass to.. that is 3 options, not just one. Epic Launcher is NOT the only option. Sure it would be nice on steam or gog but windows store, game pass or epic launcher is better than JUST the epic launcher as you say.

Love Obsidian rpgs, they are some of the best around, anytime Obsidian, Cd Projekt Red or Larian put out rpgs I end up enjoying them. Unlike Bioware and Bethesda who have fallen off of late.

Long live the rpg and long live Obsidian and Tim Cain.

Back