October Prime Day tech deals: Our top picks and buying recommendations

Ivan Franco

Staff member

Amazon is likely seeing success with Prime Days and for the second the year in a row, it's hosting a second sales event for Prime subscribers. The first event was hosted in mid-July as usual and now we've got the October version, which looks like an early-early holiday discount session.

Hosting a second Prime Day seems like a gamble, especially being so close to traditional Black Friday sales. But it's being used by many to cater to early birds that like to get their holiday shopping done early, and also allows companies to move out old inventory to make room for newer products before the holidays.

As usual, we've gathered the best tech discounts we could find, going through dozens of listings so you don't have to. Not all deals are great, so we are filtering for high-rated products that we would otherwise recommend, but right now you can get them for less...

Bonus Track

Non-Amazon But Still Great Deals

Expired... may come back

Permalink to story.

Some missed like
Deal of the day for Prime Members: ZOTAC Gaming GeForce RTX 4080 16GB Trinity OC GDDR6X 256-bit 22.4 Gbps PCIE 4.0 Graphics Card, IceStorm 2.0 Advanced Cooling, Spectra 2.0 RGB Lighting, ZT-D40810J-10P https://a.co/d/iOBBb9I
$989 with AlanWake 2
and

Deal of the day for Prime Members: WD_BLACK 2TB SN850X NVMe Internal Gaming SSD Solid State Drive - Gen4 PCIe, M.2 2280, Up to 7,300 MB/s - WDS200T2X0E https://a.co/d/11Y6sFq

$99

as well as

Deal of the day for Prime Members: SAMSUNG 990 PRO w/ Heatsink SSD 2TB PCIe 4.0 M.2 Internal Solid State Hard Drive, Fastest Speed for Gaming, Heat Control, Direct Storage and Memory Expansion, Compatible w/ Playstation5, MZ-V9P2T0CW https://a.co/d/0OxW39q
$129 with heatsink

fyi

Last edited:
Thanks for nothing Amazon, prices over here in the UK are nothing like yours.
Honest question do you have sales on products or like a black Friday through Cyber Mondays? Do European retailers/etailers not provide competitive discounts like at all? I always hear people complaining about European prices but never once heard any sales going on like ever then again I don't live there so I wouldn't know.

Honest question do you have sales on products or like a black Friday through Cyber Mondays? Do European retailers/etailers not provide competitive discounts like at all? I always hear people complaining about European prices but never once heard any sales going on like ever then again I don't live there so I wouldn't know.
Yes we have the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales here but we generally have to pay more for any US products. If we're lucky it's the equivalent amount but in UK pounds, which makes it 20% more expensive.
£1 = $0.8
E.g.: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB PCIe NVMe Gen 4 SSD = £170 not $130, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X = £232 not $175, AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D = £476 -more than your every day non-sale price of $450

I just bought a new RTX 3060 12Gb at the cheapest price available anywhere here at $317 delivered. I think you guys can get them for around $250

Last edited:
Yes we have the Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales here but we generally have to pay more for any US products. If we're lucky it's the equivalent amount but in UK pounds, which makes it 20% more expensive.
£1 = $0.8
E.g.: Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB PCIe NVMe Gen 4 SSD = £170 not $130, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X = £232 not $175, AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D = £476 -more than your every day non-sale price of $450

I just bought a new RTX 3060 12Gb at the cheapest price available anywhere here at $317 delivered. I think you guys can get them for around $250
Do those include vat?

Back