Oculus begins shipping second generation Rift VR developer kits

Shawn Knight

Staff member

oculus rift

The second generation Oculus Rift development kit was made available for pre-order back in March. Since that time, the Facebook-owned company has received more than 45,000 order for the $350 headset and now, those orders are finally beginning to leave the manufacturing facility and are making their way to distribution centers.

The first batch of Developer Kit #2 should start arriving by the week of July 14 according to a forum post on the matter. Oculus VR said they expect to ship roughly 10,000 from the factory this month with just over half of those heading to doorsteps before the end of the month.

Oculus VR promises that tracking numbers for all DK2s will be generated as soon as the shipment has been processed by the distribution center.

In the interim, the company urges everyone that pre-ordered a kit to make sure their shipping address is up to date on the Oculus Sales page. Naturally, if the information is incorrect or out of date, it could cause delivery delays. The same can also be said about payment information - make sure it's up to date.

As you may have already gathered, only 10,000 units leaving the factory this month means the odds of receiving your pre-order in the first batch aren't in your favor. Oculus said they are working to continue to ramp up production and will get through the queue as fast as they can.

Permalink to story.

I am bouncing around in my seat at work right now! I can't wait... I'm sure I'll be in the first batch. I ordered it pretty much right as the option became available on the first day.

Congrats LNCPapa, I hope you are as happy after you get your product as you are before. I look forward to hearing of your experiences with Oculus Rift. :)

Dear xxxx

Your order #IK-xxxxxxx has been shipped.

Please click the following link(s) to access the tracking information:

Carrier Tracking Number Tracking Site

UPS

Thanks,

You can visit Oculus Order Tracker for more details about your order.

The Oculus Team
www.oculusvr.com

1px_white.gif
1px_white.gif

www.oculusvr.com

====================
I'm going crazy with excitement right now.

Back