Opening speech in control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know how to fix the speech program in control panel xp home I tried to open it I get this error "loading TTS voice names. please make sure SAPI is correctly installed.
applicaation generated an exception that could not be handled process id=0x1738 (5944)
thread id=0xe8c (3724).click ok to terminate cancel to debugg.i clicked cancel to debug this error comes up "registeredJIT debugger is not available error code 0x2 (2). cordbg.exe! a0x1738. I don't understand it or know where to look. I tried microsoft, google, yahoo and no help. Thanks in advance

TTS stands for Text to speech, and SAPI stands for Speech Application Programming Interface. Basically, it's trying to say that your Speech feature in the control panel isn't installed correctly. That means it won't open no matter what and it'll give you that error each time unless you reinstall it.

Here's a download link to install SAPI version 5.1. Perhaps reinstalling it might get it to work.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/nnlzotzoxym/speechsdk51.exe

Thank you I got the file but when I went to install it I got this message "C:/documents and setting /owner/my documents/downloads/speechsdk51.exe is not a valid win32 application. I don't know what i'm doing wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back