Opinion Please...

vale46

Hi Peeps,
hope you can help me out with a purchase i need to make.
I rencently have got deeply involved with a program called Poser 7 which is a character / art creating program. It is very processor heavy as i have found out to my dissmay.
I quite often spend 4 to 10 hours maybe, character designing and when finished i start it rendering to only discover the pc cant handle the memory needed to complete the process. I can do small renders but i want to expand now into larger scenes etc, so i need to update my pc as it is 6 yrs old which i know is VERY old in the pc world.
I have my eye on the Packard Bell iXtreme 2613 which is an Intel Quad 2 Core Q6600 Processor
(2.4GHz,1066MHz FSB, 8MB Cache)
Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
3GB Memory
500GB Hard Drive
Plus lots of other bits, now....im not that hot with specs but this seems quite a powerfull computer concidering i am runnig a AMD 1.47ghz 512ram and a 40gig Hard drive. Which is the basic spec to run Poser 7 so i know i am on the limit with my pc, i just want to buy something that will work for 2 - 3 yrs before its out of date too.
Thanks ever so much for reading and i appreciate any comments,
Regards.
Vale.

vale46 said:
I have my eye on the Packard Bell iXtreme 2613 which is an Intel Quad 2 Core
Q6600 Processor
(2.4GHz,1066MHz FSB, 8MB Cache)
Genuine Windows Vista (R) Home Premium
3GB Memory
500GB Hard Drive​

i am runnig a AMD 1.47ghz 512ram and a 40gig Hard drive.​
The new system is a big jump from the existing one and if you can afford it -- GREAT.
Personally. I refrain from Pac Bell and HP, but people love'm

If you're forced to live with the AMD, then add 1gig ram and increase the pagefile size.

Thanks Jobeard. havent got a clue what your on about regarding page files hahahah like i say im a bit green to pc spec, drawing am fine ;) i only looked at a Pac bell cos thats what i have now and for 6 yrs i have never had a problem, what make do you suggest and why ?
Many thanks J
Vale.

Back